Chapter 1: Kidnapping

——————————🕷️——————————

Owls hooted, and crickets chirped as Tyler walked through the moonlit woods to get to a stone structure that (Y/n) asked him to meet at.

He arrived at the location and saw her standing in front of the small building and walked up to her.

"Hey. I got your text. I was surprised you still talked to me after you and Wednesday ran out the other night." Tyler confessed.

The girl shrugged. "Yeah, well, you thought wrong I guess."

Tyler chuckled a little and stepped closer to her. "So, uh...does Wednesday know you're here? Cause I don't think he'd be very happy about you seeing another man behind his back." He jokingly whispered that last part.

"You're right. I wouldn't be very happy."

Tyler snapped his head up to see Wednesday appearing from behind the stone structure. He came up next to (Y/n) and put an arm around her waist.

"Oh, hey Wednesday." Tyler greeted awkwardly. "Didn't see you there."

"Clearly." Wednesday deadpanned.

Tyler looked around confused. "So uh...what is this exactly?"

"It's a surprise." Wednesday revealed.

"A...surprise?"

"Yes. See, before I came to Nevermore, friends, romance, and genuine human contact were the last things on my mind. But when we shook hands, you opened my eyes and suddenly it all made sense." Wednesday explained.

Tyler still looked very confused.

"Xavier warned us about you, but we didn't listen." Wednesday continued.

"Ironic now, huh?" Tyler commented.

"Ironic would've been framing Xavier for murder while the real Hyde helped put him away."

Tyler suddenly realized what Wednesday was getting at. "Wait...you guys don't think—."

Wednesday cut him off. "We don't think. We know. Kinbott probably discovered your secret during one of your sessions. So she unlocked you. Why'd you kill her? I thought Hydes were typically loyal to their masters."

"Wednesday, seriously, this is nuts. (Y/n), you can't honestly believe this." Tyler said.

Wednesday continued speaking like he hadn't heard him. "On Outreach Day, I told you I was visiting the old meeting house. Did Kinbott send you to spy on me?"

"The night of the Rave'N, I ranted to you about how Wednesday was going to make me and Eugene stake out your cave in the woods and you warned Kinbott." (Y/n) added. "Eugene probably saw her torching it. Then she sent you to clean up her mess."

"I have to hand it to you Tyler. Wounding yourself that night at the Gates mansion, that was a master stroke of misdirection." Wednesday complimented.

"Okay, stop. Do you know how insane you both sound right now? I'm not a monster. And... if you really thought I was, why would you two risk bringing me out to the woods to confront me alone?" Tyler reasoned.