Chapter 3: Making up

——————————🕷️——————————

Wednesday sat at his desk typing away on his typewriter with furrowed brows.

"My novel started out as a twisted fiction, but somehow reality has turned it into my own personal looking glass."

Wednesday lifted the paper he had finished typing out of the typewriter and put it with the others.

"My visit to the Gates mansion has left me with so many questions."

Wednesday opened a drawer and pulled out Laurel's music box.

"If Laurel Gates died 20 years ago, then who's sleeping in her bedroom? Why do they have photos of me? And what is their connection with this Hyde?"

Wednesday looked down at the scorpion brooch he had pinned to his jacket, and rubbed his thumb over it.

"...And how can I make (Y/n) forgive me?"

Wednesday turned in his seat to look at the wall that separates his dorm from (Y/n) and Enid's. He wondered if she was in there now, missing him as much as he missed her.

"Gabriel predicted this quest for answers would become a lonely pursuit. Of course, Gabriel is no where to be found when I need him."

Wednesday shoved the box back into his drawer in frustration.

"The dead can be just as annoying and unreliable as the living."

Just then, he heard the door to his room open. He swiftly turned in his ear and saw (Y/n) step inside.

Wednesday quickly stood up and watched as she awkwardly closed the door and shuffled further into the room.

"What are you doing here?" He asked a little harsher than he intended.

"I...just wanted to check up on you...and I was hoping that we could talk." She shrugged.

Wednesday nodded. "Okay."

"So...um...how are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Great actually. With no annoying distractions, I'm almost finished with my novel, and I'm close to solving this case." He bragged.

Wednesday could've kicked himself for acting so aloof towards her. The truth was, he didn't want to admit to her that he'd missed her. But the truth is he did. A lot.

(Y/n) scoffed. "Oh, so I was an annoying distraction?"

Wednesday opened his mouth to speak, but closed it.

(Y/n) scowled at him. "Of course. Well, sorry to bother you. I'll just get out of your way so you can focus on the things that are actually important to you. Not like I'd be one of them."

She huffed and started storming towards the door.

Before she could reach the handle, Wednesday grabbed her arm. "You are important to me." He told her firmly.