Chapter 5: The Ancestor

——————————🕷️——————————

Wednesday approached the ruins of the meeting house, with (Y/n) following close behind him.

"You know, when you told me you wanted to make it up to me for getting put on churning duty, and then ditching me, a walk through the spooky forest to go check out an abandoned meeting house isn't exactly what I had in mind." (Y/n) crossed her arms in annoyance. "There's no way I'm going in there."

"Fine. You are more than welcome to go back to town. You remember the way right?" Wednesday asked, knowing full well that she didn't. "Just be careful you don't run into the monster again. I imagine it would find you to be a very delicious meal."

(Y/n) narrowed her eyes at Wednesday, and he smirked at her, and raised an eyebrow.

The girl grunted in frustration, and stomped towards the meeting house. "You're evil." She told Wednesday as she marched past him.

"Thank you." He replied.

The two teenagers entered the ruins of the meeting house. Wednesday set his bag on the ground, and Thing crawled out.

(Y/n) walked to the center of the building and turned towards Wednesday.

"Well, it looks to be a really shitty looking building." She deduced. "Satisfied?"

"Not until we've looked around." Wednesday told her.

(Y/n) glanced around the building. It had no ceiling, and the walls were practically falling apart, and there was garbage all along the floor.

"Look around where? There's nothing here!" She exclaimed, dramatically sticking her arms straight out.

Unbeknownst to her, the homeless man from the antique shop crept out of his makeshift home, and came up behind her.

Wednesday's eyes widened at that sight of him. "(Y/n)!"

The man grabbed (Y/n)'a wrist and she gasped and turned around.

"Who you talking to, little girl?" He sneered.

Wednesday stepped towards him. "She was talking to me. And if you don't release her right this second, I can't guarantee your safety."

The old man ignored him and turned back to (Y/n). "What's a pretty little thing like you doing out here? This is my place. Get out!" He yelled at her.

Wednesday's nostrils flared. "Thing, a hand here?"

Thing crawled forward and climbed up the man's body, and grabbed him by the neck. The man released (Y/n)'s wrist and Wednesday pulled her back to his side, as Thing continued to choke the old man.

Thing managed to drag him outside of the meeting house, and let him go. The man then ran away screaming.

"There's nothing here." Wednesday said in disappointment.

Thing tapped the ground.

"No, I can't just touch something. My visions seem to happen spontaneously."