Chapter 6: Set It Ablaze!

——————————🕷️——————————

Wednesday inhaled deeply as the vision ended. It was pouring rain, and (Y/n) was kneeling over him with Thing on her shoulder.

"Wednesday? Oh thank god, I thought you died. What happened?" She asked.

Wednesday sat up and stared at them with wide eyes.

"I saw him! The boy from my visions. His name is Gabriel Addams, and I believe he's my ancestor from 400 years ago." Wednesday explained.

Once Wednesday had calmed down, he got the chance to notice (Y/n) shivering from the rain. "You're cold." He noticed.

(Y/n) shrugged it off. "A little, but I'm fine."

"Let's get you back to town. I'll get you some hot chocolate from the Weathervane." He said, his tone told her that it wasn't a suggestion.

Suddenly, Wednesday heard something outside the building. He slowly stood up and walked over to one of the walls, and peered through the cracks. (Y/n) came up behind him.

"What do you see?"

Wednesday glanced around for a few more seconds and turned towards her. "Nothing. Must've been the bearded man from earlier." He reported.

Wednesday turned back to double check, and was met with the giant eye of the monster in the woods. It growled at them, and Wednesday gasped and stepped back while (Y/n) let out a small scream, and grabbed Wednesday's arm.

The monster turned and ran away into the woods. Wednesday was determined to not let it get away this time.

He grabbed (Y/n)'a hand and began to pull her out of the meeting house. "Come on, come on!" He urged.

"What?!"

...

Wednesday and (Y/n) ran hand in hand, following the tracks of the monster.

"Uh...Wednesday...remind me again why we're trying to follow the big, giant monster that kills people?" (Y/n) asked nervously, looking all around, worried it might come after them.

Wednesday didn't respond and looked down at the tracks. Slowly, the monster footprints transformed to human ones.

Wednesday bent down and closed closely at the tracks. "The monster's human." He realized.

"What the hell are you two doing?" A voice asked.

Wednesday and (Y/n) let go of each other's hands and turned to see Xavier standing next to them with an umbrella.

"We were following the monster." Wednesday told him.

Xavier's eyes widened. "You saw it? It's here? Do you have guys have a death wish or something?"

Wednesday glanced at him suspiciously. "What exactly are you doing out here?"

"I overheard you say you were checking out the old meeting house. I guess its lucky I showed up when I did."

"Well, we did learn one thing. The monster's human. It's tracks go from monster prints to human ones." (Y/n) told him.

"Show me."