Chapter 4: The Unexpected Events

——————————🕷️——————————

"How did you find me?" Bianca asked her mother.

The two were sitting at a table at the Weathervane, Bianca still in shock.

Gabrielle ignored her question. "MorningSong community misses you. I miss you."

"And by community you mean cult?" Bianca accused.

"We are a personal development movement that helps people take control of their lives." Gabrielle defended.

"After you take control of their bank accounts."

"I haven't come here to fight, Brandy Jane."

Bianca shot forward. "My name is Bianca. New name. New life."

"It's time to come home." Her mother told her.

"That place was never my home." Bianca argued.

"Gideon said you'd resist."

"Don't say that man's name to me." Bianca snapped. "You'd think he'd give a damn about some single mom and her daughter if we weren't sirens?"

Gabrielle chuckled and held up her hand to reveal a wedding ring on her finger. "That is no way to talk about your stepfather."

Bianca was shocked. "You actually married him?"

"He wants you to come home, so that we can be a real family."

"Hard pass. He's already got one siren to do his bidding." Bianca sneered. "Goodbye ma. And I don't want to see anymore MorningSong bracelets anywhere near this town." Bianca demanded, glancing down at the bracelet on her mother's wrist.

Bianca stood up to leave, but Gabrielle grabbed her hands and pulled her back down.

"My siren song is drying up." She confessed. "Recruitment numbers are way down, and the wrong people are starting to ask questions. This wasn't a request."

"And if I refuse?" Bianca challenged.

"Then everybody here is gonna know how your siren'd your way into Nevermore." She threatened.

Bianca glared at her mother. "I finally make something of myself and you want to destroy it."

"You haven't made squat, Bianca." Gabrielle spat. "You're just scamming a higher class of people, but they are not your friends. Sooner or later they will see through you. A siren can never change her scales. You have until the end of the weekend to say your goodbyes."

...

Wednesday placed a jar of honey on a table.

"(Y/n) I harvested hive number three." He told an unconscious Eugene.

Wednesday and (Y/n) stood by Eugene's hospital bed, with an arm wrapped around each other.

"The bees miss you, Eugene." (Y/n) said, her eyes tearing up.

Wednesday hugged her to his chest. "We all do."

Just then, Thing appeared on top of his monitor.