Chapter 5: The Rave'N

——————————🕷️——————————

The Rave'N dance was going full swing. Lights were everywhere, and Ms. Thornhill was standing by the entrance greeting all the students that entered dressed in white.

"Okay, have fun with it."

Xavier and Bianca approached, arm in arm. Xavier was in a white suit, and Bianca was wearing a sequined dress.

"You look gorgeous, so gorgeous. Welcome to this year's Rave'N!...oh, beautiful, what a nice top...have a dance for me!"

Inside the ballroom, everything was completely white. Tables, the walls, there were icicles hanging from the ceiling, and a giant ice statue of a yeti behind the DJ booth.

Ms. Thornhill walked inside and stood next to Principal Weems.

"Here's to a night they'll never forget."

"Careful what you wish for." Weems warned her.

"You were a Nevermore student once. Don't you remember being full of hope and excitement about the Rave'N?" Ms. Thornhill asked.

"All I remember is disappointment. The boy I asked turned me down for another girl...Morticia Frump, in fact." She confessed.

Ms. Thornhill looked shocked. "Wednesday's mother?"

"Oh, make sure nobody spikes the punch. We can't afford a single misstep tonight." Weems told her.

...

Wednesday was in his dorm, packing up his stuff to get ready for the stake out, and Thing was on his desk.

Every so often, Wednesday would glance over at the wall that separates his dorm from (Y/n)'s for a few seconds, shake his head, and go back to packing. Thing eventually had enough and started tapping the desk to get his attention.

Wednesday looked at him. "What?"

Thing pointed at the wall, and signed something to Wednesday.

"No, I do not feel guilty. Why would I?"

Thing moved his fingers, reminding Wednesday about how he hurt (Y/n)'s feelings.

Wednesday rolled his eyes. "Well, I'm already taking her to the cave. What more can I do about it?"

Thing hopped off his desk and crawled under Wednesday's bed and kicked out two boxes from underneath it.

Wednesday narrowed his eyes suspiciously, and opened one box to reveal the suit he had been eyeing at Uriah's Heap, and opened the other one to reveal the dress that had gone with it, along with a red rose.

"You want me to take her to the dance?" Wednesday asked incredulously.

Thing nodded.

"Why?"

Thing signed to him and tapped the ground.

Wednesday sighed. "Yes I want to make it up to her. That's why I'm taking her to the stake out. If staking out at the cave of a homicidal monster isn't the definition of fun, I don't know what is."