Chapter 5: Poe Cup

——————————🕷️——————————

Wednesday climbed onto the balcony that connected his dorm to (Y/n) and Enid's, and saw Enid crying on her bed with (Y/n) rubbing her back sympathetically.

He opened the window and climbed in, and Enid shot up and looked at him.

"Where have you been? I'm literally having a heart attack right now. Yoko is in the infirmary!" She sobbed.

"What happened?"

"Garlic bread incident at dinner. She had a major allergic reaction." (Y/n) explained.

"Which means she's out of the Poe Cup, and I don't have a co-pilot." Enid added, in distress.

"It wasn't an accident. Bianca's behind it." Wednesday told them.

"How do you know?"

"Doesn't matter. The three of us are going to take her down tomorrow." He said firmly.

"Wait, you're joining the Black Cats? You'd be willing to do that? For us?" Enid sniffled.

"I want to humiliate Bianca so badly that the bitter taste of defeat burns in her throat." Wednesday snarled.

"...Yeah, but mostly you're doing it because we're friends, right?" Enid asked.

Wednesday didn't answer. "Tell me how she keeps winning." He demanded.

"It's a real brain cramp. The past two years, no other boat has made it across that lake and back without sinking." (Y/n) said.

"Sounds like sabotage." Wednesday guessed.

"There are no rules in the Poe Cup, and she is a siren, which makes her master of the water." Enid reminded him.

Wednesday turned to them. "Then we just need to beat them at their own game."

"Thanks for doing this Wednesday." (Y/n) said.

Wednesday nodded at her, and then left to go to his dorm and start making plans.

...

As he sat in his dorm, his mind drifted back to what Bianca had said.

Did (Y/n) really like him? Did she have a 'crush' on him, as people say. He didn't think it was possible. He shook his head and told himself that Bianca was being paranoid, and only said that so (Y/n) wouldn't get with Xavier. Not that she would ever get with him anyway. She's way too good for him. She deserved someone better. Someone like hi—

Wednesday shook his head again, and made himself get rid of that thought. He did not like her! That would mean he would be feeling emotions. And emotions equal weakness. He was not weak. He would not allow himself to get distracted by something as insignificant as a girl.

...

The next morning, Wednesday was walking outside when he passed Bianca Barclay. Bianca's eyes followed him for a moment and she smirked. Unbeknownst to her, Wednesday had been working with Thing to improve their boat.