Chapter 2: Unexpected Invitation

——————————🕷️——————————

"While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery or deception." Ms. Thornhill lectured.

Wednesday sat at his usual desk, next to Xavier's right, while (Y/n) was on Xaviers's left. Xavier reached down to grab something and let out a quiet grunt of pain.

(Y/n) looked over at him in concern. "Are you okay?" She whispered.

"Yeah, I tweaked my back fencing." He told her.

Wednesday turned his head slightly towards them, analyzing their interaction.

"The orchid produces a pheromone that mimics a female insect, luring the males in. Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in exchange?" Ms. Thornhill asked.

"Nada." Bianca answered. "Just like all the guys at the Rave'N."

The students quietly chuckled at that.

"Okay, okay. I know you're all excited about Saturday, which is why I haven't assigned any homework." Ms. Thornhill announced.

The students murmured happily at that.

"But I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee. Anyone interested, come and see me up here."

Xavier looked over at Wednesday. "What you're not gonna volunteer? Aren't you pumped about disco balls and spiked punch?" Xavier asked sarcastically. "There's even a DJ. MC Blood Suckaz."

"I'd rather stick needles in my eyes." Wednesday replied bluntly. "I'll probably do that anyway."

Xavier chuckled dryly and turned to (Y/n). "What about you? Are you going?"

The girl shrugged. "Uh, I don't know...Haven't decided yet...Dances aren't really my thing, and...nobody's asked me yet."

Xavier grabbed his stuff. "Well maybe you can be the one to do the asking." He suggested.

He bent down to put his stuff in his bag, and lightly grunted again. This time, Wednesday looked over at him, and noticed the claw marks in his neck, filling him with suspicion.

...

Xavier exited his little shack that was located in the woods, and walked off, not noticing Wednesday, Thing and (Y/n) hiding amongst the trees, watching him.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" (Y/n) whispered.

"We need to do this. Xavier didn't get those scratches from fencing. He's hiding something." Wednesday said confidently.

Thing crawled inside Wednesday's bag, and Wednesday grabbed (Y/n)'a hand and pulled her towards the shed.

They crept inside, and Wednesday turned a light on, revealing paintings and drawings of the monster in the woods. (Y/n) flinched at seeing all the super creepy art works, and scooted closer to Wednesday.

"I suppose every artist needs a muse." Wednesday muttered.

"I guess, but why'd he have to pick this thing?" (Y/n) asked.