EPILOGUE

"Come here, Naomi! If your dad sees you, I'll be doomed." Becca reaches for Naomi's hand and removes the dust on it. "Next time, don't play on the ground. Understand?"

"Understand." The kid smiles at Becca, and she returns to the slide.

Becca walks toward Freen and sits beside her. Freen is busy reading a book, so she doesn't have time to look after Naomi.

"Are you just going to read all day?" Becca asks and snatches the book from her.

"I told you we should adopt a child. That's my brother's child. We can't just abduct her every day."

Becca laughs at Freen. She's telling the truth, though. Freen wants a child, but she's not ready for it yet. She's afraid that she will not be a good mother.

"What if I became a lousy mother?" Becca pouts at her wife.

Freen flicks her forehead, making her pout even more.

"You will never be a lousy mother, okay? You're so sweet, caring, and understanding."

Becca leans in for a kiss and smiles sweetly at Freen.

"Let's return before your brother discovers her daughter is missing again."

They both chuckle and call for Naomi. Becca holds Freen's hand while Freen is carrying Naomi. She gently squeezes it and looks at her with a cheeky expression.

"I know what you're thinking. Let's go home first."