Chapter 24: Begin Again

BECCA

Years passed and I finally moved on. I am a graduate student now and running my parent's company. I diverted all my attention to my paperwork and how could I make this company better.

"Miss, Mr. Saint is here." One of my employees pulled me from my thoughts.

I forgot that I have a dinner date with him.

Yes, Saint and I were still dating. He didn't leave me even though I hurt him so much. He stayed with me at my worst so I promised him that I would stay with him at my best.

"You're a bit early," I said then give him a delicate kiss on the lips.

Saint smiled and shook his head at what I did. He didn't expect that. I usually greet him with waves and kisses on the cheek or jaw and this would be the first time I kissed him on the lips in public. My employees teased us and some shouted to get a room, but I looked at them with an innocent expression.

"You're late, miss." He looked at his watch and then showed it to me.

It's already 8 pm and our reservation was 7:30 pm.

"Mr. Show, at 8:30 you can all go home. See you tomorrow." I waved goodbye at my employees and they shouted 'enjoy'.

I wouldn't say that they like how I run my company, it's just that I didn't treat them like others. They were family already, and without them, I couldn't run my business alone.

Saint and I were supposed to have dinner in a Japanese Restaurant but he took me to a familiar place. How could I forget this when lots of memories happened here?

"It's good to be back, Solaris Cafe," I whispered.

Saint held my hand and we entered the popular cafe. It was bigger than before, and the design changed. The shelves were twice as much as before, and the theme changed from gothic to vintage.

"Welcome back, Becca!" I heard a familiar voice from behind. It was Nam. I haven't seen her since I graduated from AU. She still looked fabulous as ever.

"Is this a reunion?" I asked her, and she nodded. My smile suddenly faded. "Our batch reunion? but it hasn't been ten years yet," I said in a nervous tone.

"Aren't you excited, miss hottest student?" she teased, causing me to make cringe face.

"I'm more gorgeous than before," I boasted and flipped my hair.

"Yeah yeah, go to the dance floor. Your classmates are already there." Nam pushed me in front of the sliding door and motioned me to go.

"Let's go," Saint said and wrapped her hands around my waist. He opened the door and we entered together.

Our previous classmates greeted us and we just nodded and said hi. My heart was pounding rapidly every time someone approached me. I was hoping that she didn't come. She was busy. I didn't know her whereabouts but I hope she was busy.

"What a scene!" Non hugged us both and looked at our hands. "Are you two still together? You guys are strong. Heng and Freen are getting married soon too. You should do a double wedding."

"Sounds great, but Becca and I aren't engaged."

Non eyes widened. "What? All this time?"

"You know, Becca is still shy and can't propose until now," he whispered but I could still hear, causing me to nudge him.

"There they are. Heng my friend!"

We both looked in their direction and I was taken aback. Freen was smiling widely that I almost see her gummies. She wasn't like that before. Her smile wasn't fake. I could tell that it was genuine.

"Hi, good evening." Freen greeted us, and I looked at her in disbelief. "Is there something wrong with my face?" she asked, and I quickly shook my head.

"It's not that. It's just your aura changed." I smiled and she smiled sweetly too.

"My fiancé told me that I look gorgeous when I smile, so what's your name?" she asked.

I turned to Saint, and he swallowed before smiling at her.

"Her name is Becky. Someone's looking for us, Freen. Let's go to Nam first." Saint snatched Freen's hand and left me dumbfounded with Heng.

"Freen got into an accident years ago. We decided to hide it since her enemies thought she was dead. This is the first time she went out of our house after that accident." He explained.

"How is she?" I asked.

"Fine, but the doctor said there's no chance that she will gain back her memories." He added.

"I heard you're going to marry her?" I asked again.

Heng nodded and looked at me with a sorry expression.

"I have to go, Freen needs me." He walked away.

Why? What the hell is happening?