Chapter 29: Let's Keep This a Secret

BECCA

I wake up in the morning with Freen beside me, sleeping soundly. She looks tired, and the morning sunlight is trying to wake her up, so I cover it using my hand. I watch her sleep for a moment, but a minute later, she opens her eyes and smiles at me.

"Sorry if I sleep like a baby." She sits down and ties her long black hair in a pony. I wonder where she gets that rubber.

"Are you going home now?" I ask without moving from where I am lying.

"Why? You want me to cook breakfast?" she raises her eyebrow, and I nod. "Fine," she says as she rolls her eyes.

Freen slides off the bed and covers me with a blanket when she stops in my direction. I hear her run after doing it, causing me to roll my eyes.

I scoff and shake my head. "What a childish girl."

I follow her to the kitchen and watch her cook an omelet and bacon. She then warms the tea and serves me a cup.

"Here goes your breakfast, miss the hottest student."

I look at her with knit brows when she says it. My heart pounds a bit, and I tilt my head in thought. Is she pretending to have amnesia? How does she know my title at school?

"There you go again, looking at me like I stole something." Freen shakes her head. "Heng told me you were one of the most beautiful girls on campus back then. The campus belle, to be specific. And the students call you 'miss the hottest student.' I find it cute, though, but you're more attractive." She winks at me and gently pinches my cheek before motioning me to eat.

"Saint will be home tomorrow. I'll ask him for the details of his desired suit if you want," I suggest, but she shakes her head.

"It's okay. Heng and I will visit your office next week to discuss the souvenirs and others."

I put the bacon in my mouth, and Freen startles me by biting the other half. I look at her in surprise, and she giggles.

"You look cute. Anyway, I have to go. I need to talk to the owner of the library that you're saying." She grabs her bag and coat from the rack before leaving my house.

A smirk escaped from my lips when I remembered last night. She wants to keep it a secret since Heng will be mad at her. Of course, men would be upset if they learned their woman was cheating.

I finish the food and go to the bath to shower. I need to go to the office to complete some paperwork and then to Nam to discuss our partnership. This will be a long day, but I will make it.

"There you go," I say and hand Nam the papers that I sign.

"Hey, are you sure you want to get married to Saint?" Nam asks out of the blue.

We're in her office right now, sitting aligned to each other. I take a sip of my coffee before smirking at her.

"It's all part of your plan. I knew it." Nam rolls her eyes. "You want to marry Saint to get revenge on Freen. You think she's acting to have amnesia, don't you?"

I laugh at her conclusion. I'm not that evil to use Saint to get my revenge. He didn't do anything wrong to me before, so why would I involve him in this?

"Stop overthinking." I sit beside her and pat her shoulder twice. I lean in a bit enough to whisper in her ears. "Freen's falling for my trap."

Nam pushes me away and glares at me. "You're a bad b*tch."

I laugh again at her choice of words. I can't blame her, though. I don't care if they call me whore, bitch, or whatever they want. I will make Freen fall for me harder because she can't live without me.

"Anyway, Freen and I were close, but I didn't receive any news that something had hit her. After graduation, she didn't call or text me. Is there any reason behind it?"

I fold my arms over my chest and tilt my head. Saint didn't get any news about the accident too. He only found out a week ago before the reunion. Are they hiding something? Are they faking Freen's accident somehow?

"You should be careful, Becca. I trust Freen, but Heng and Saint. I don't. They look good, but I don't like their aura." Nam put the documents in her safe box. "And by the way, Freen came here earlier. She's asking if I have billionaire vodka. Do you have some?"

My brows furrow. What is she going to do with that vodka? Does she like it? Or she wants to share it with Heng?

"No, I don't. That's an expensive vodka. Maybe you can find somewhere." I tell her with a shrug.

"Right, I won't see you off. Get out."

I roll my eyes. Thanks, Nam. I appreciate it.

a/n: Wish me luck with my exams tomorrow. I hope I won't write Freen and Beck's names on my booklet T.T