Chapter 10: Drunk

FREEN

"What happened?" I asked when I saw Becky wasted.

"She drank a lot of vodka after seeing you dancing with Saint. She's sulking throughout the song." Heng explained.

"Can you drive her home?" I asked again.

Becky was so wasted that she couldn't even stand.

"I can't. I have to go home after this party. Maybe, Saint?" Heng turned to Saint.

All the things Saint told me a while ago flashbacks.

--
We were dancing on the dancefloor. My arms were around his neck and his hands were on my waist. It was a soft melody. While everyone was busy talking sweetly to their partners, here I am glaring at the guy I hated the most.

"Becky couldn't stay away from you, so I need to ask for a favor." Saint heaved a sigh, and I deadpanned. "Push her away. If you did that, she would never come near you again. Don't you want that?"

To be honest, I planned to make Becca fall in love with me and hurt her in front of Saint. It would tear him apart, but after the night in the storage, I changed my mind.

Becca doesn't deserve to be hurt, just to get my revenge. She isn't involved in any of our matters, so I shouldn't use her.

I wanted to stop and make another plan, but I couldn't. My father knew everything, so I have to choose. Whether to stay away from her and disappoint my dad, or break her heart and get my revenge.

"What if I like her?" I asked.

I don't think that's a "what-if" anymore.

"There's no way you would like her, Freen. I know you. You're just using her. Stop this already. I will give you anything you want, just stay away from her."

I chuckled at him.

"You already stole what's mine, Saint. I should steal yours. Don't you think that's fair trade? My reputation, and your happiness."

Saint stopped moving when he heard the words come out of my mouth.

"I won't let you touch Becky with that filthy hands of yours!" He yelled and went back.
--

Call me indecisive, but I don't want Saint to succeed. Although I don't want to involve Becca, she involved herself by being close to Saint.

Saint stole everything from me when I was in high school. I wrote an article that made the school popular and he took credit for it. I saved him once, and he said that he was the one who saved me. I caught him cheating, and he blamed it on me. And the worse was when I was admiring the clouds while raining, he pushed me out of the window. Luckily, I only got bruises since it wasn't that high. I couldn't get up at that time, and the lightning almost hit me, then thunder roared.

Saint is my twin brother I loathed. He stole everything from me not only my reputation but also the trust of our parents.

"I'll take her home," I said.

Heng nodded and carried Becca in a bridal style then we went to the parking lot.

"I can bring her home, Freen." Saint insisted.

"Then what? Take advantage of her while she's drunk? Not a chance, Saint." I raised my voice, so the people in the parking lot would hear us.

I could hear murmurs coming from them now, so Saint let out a harsh breath and walked away.

"Thanks, Heng, I can handle it from here."

I fastened Becca's seatbelt and went to the driver's seat. Heng grabbed my arms before I could enter my car.

"I know you won't do anything bad to Becca, but please, be careful. There are bad guys everywhere, Freen. They are looking for you," Heng said worriedly.

"I know what I'm doing. You should look out for yourself." I retorted.

I pulled my arms and went inside my car. Becca was sleeping peacefully.

I wasn't lying when I told her that she gave me butterflies every time she was saying I am beautiful. Just looking at her like this made me want to ruin my plan.

I caressed her soft cheeks and gently touched her lips. I never had feelings for anyone before because I was afraid that they would ruin me. I was afraid that they would be the cause of my downfall.

I started the engine and drove off. I have to take her home. It's getting late.

"Freen..."

"What?"

"I like you."

"Okay," I said.

My face was getting red and thankfully, Becca's eyes were closed so she didn't see anything.

Damn it, why does she have to say it while I'm driving?

"Freen..."

"What?"

"Stop chasing me away, please? I can't live without seeing you for a day."

"You're drunk."

"Yes, but I know I like you."

I took a glance at her and her eyes were still closed.

I don't know if she was dreaming or what, but I can feel that all those things she said were true. She means it.

"Freen..."

"What?" I sounded irritated, but the truth is I like it when she calls me by my name using her sweet voice.

"Stop the car," she ordered, and I obliged.

"What now?" Now, I'm irritated.

Becca unbuckled her seatbelt and kissed me on the forehead. She then fastened it again.

"I love you. Good night," she said before she fell asleep.