Chapter 54

After winning Daphne's heart, Count Peliard will receive his just punishment.

The one thing that made Daphne so hard and hurt so far.

This was a temporary alliance.

Count Peliard stared at Gabriel in thought.

Judging by the look on his face, he didn't seem to have any ill will.

"I...."

Gabriel looked at Count Peliard.

"May I ask why you are doing this?"

Gabriel's answer will determine Count Peliard's attitude.

If Gabriel wants to be hostile to Daphne, he will, and if not... He intended to try for a friendly relationship.

Count Peliard decided to hold the prince's hand.

In fact, there was no connection to hold the hand of the opposition forces.

The golden opportunity fell from the sky like this, so is there any reason to miss it? This was the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Count Peliard.

"Reason?"

Gabriel laughed briefly.

But he didn't know why his expression looked like he was crying.

"Daphne is the only one who smiled at me."

At the first meeting.

I will never forget the face that smiled at me at that time.

Daphne was the only one who gave Gabriel such a pure and bright smile.

Count Peliard drowned at the sincere smile that spread across Gabriel's cheeks.

He peered into Gabriel's feelings.

'It might be beneficial to use this.'

A sinister mind swelled up.

No matter how much Daphne hated him, she was the Count's daughter. Therefore, the Count also had a part in Daphne's legacy.

What if Daphne divorces the Duke and marries the Crown Prince? If that's hard, what if she lives as the Prince's mistress while Daphne is married to the Duke?

Whatever it was, it was a helpful situation for Count Peliard.

'This is also helpful.'

I'll have to take the opportunity and go find Daphne and wake her stupid head.

It was difficult right now because Cesare is hiding in the mansion like a guard dog. I don't think she'll come even if I call her now.

Thinking of Daphne, who was rude, broke his teeth.

But Daphne would know if she had a head. Which one is beneficial to her?

Different thoughts popped up in one place.

*****

Upon returning home from shopping, Daphne's belongings that Cesare had brought from Peliard had arrived.

Come on, let's see. Is there anything worth using though?

As I was rummaging through things, something caught my eye.

A diary? It looked like a diary.

Then will I find out who she is?

I opened the diary while eating the fruits Shannet cut. It felt like she was on a journey of memories.

I seemed to know roughly what kind of life Daphne had and what kind of person she was.

Daphne is a bit... I was always dazed.