Chapter 37

Leaving his body on a single rope, he barely climbed the wall and survived the day, and when he came down, his hair was leaking white and he felt like I was getting old.

It was so stressful that he dreamed of falling from a height every night.

"How could you do this to me, who dedicated my life to the Burstoad...!"

Albert bit his lip in a sense of humiliation.

Apparently, Albert was also reflecting on his actions at first. For that reason, he accepted the punishment to wipe all the windows of the mansion without resistance.

If you show gentle reflection, the Duchess will give you a second chance.

At that time, I was really determined to live a healthy new life.

But the Duchess never looked back at him again, as if she had forgotten about Albert.

Obviously, the news that he was having a hard time every day could have reached the Duchess's ears through the mouths of the maids, but it was not good news.

Albert Owen's family has worked for the Duke of Burstoad from generation to generation.

However, it was not enough to throw him away, who had devoted their lives to working, and made him suffer such humiliation.

And that's because I borrowed only a few pennies!

It really was an absurd act.

"Even the sky is indifferent! How could you bring such an ordeal on me!"

Albert looked up at the gray sky and shouted.

At first, the punishment for stealing was cutting off his finger, but he had forgotten that the Duchess had mercy on him.

All that remained was the thought that an unknown young woman was tormenting him.

"This is why a woman should not step forward and set up a corporation."

If the fair Duke had come to a conclusion, such an unreasonable thing would not have happened.

Albert deluded himself without knowing his place.

It was an absurd idea, not knowing that if it wasn't for the Duchess, his neck, not his hand, could have been blown off.

However, even if helick his tongue and swears to his heart's content, he still can't get out of this job.

If only I had a lot of money...!

Albert counted the money left in his pocket. Unfortunately, he still has a few pennies in.

The salary he earned from cleaning the windows was going in to the Duke's house in the name of paying off debts before it even went into his hands.

He was always provided with only a small amount of pocket money, which was enough to only snack on.

You don't get a penny for working so hard!

One game. You only need to win one game.

From then on, the goddess of fortune would be with Albert and lead him on the road to success.

Albert went there to borrow money.

"Hey, Millie. Could you lend me some money..."

"I have no money."

"Hey Come on, don't do that."

"No. And you haven't paid back the money you lent last time. When are you going to pay it back?"

"If-if I win one big game, I will pay you back."

"What do you mean, gamble every day? I should not speak."