Chapter 47

"Yes. We still haven't gotten any information about that wandering merchant."

"I'm sorry, sir."

"Hah...."

I wondered if Daphne would be disappointed in him.

Disappointment was something I had never been aware of until now. As such, he was an ignorant person in emotional terms.

However, things have changed a bit since the existence of Gabriel.

He began to pay attention to every move and became more careful with his movements.

It looked like it was creeping in fear of being surprised by a little rabbit that had been spotted as a prey.

If Gabriel had been just a slave, he wouldn't have cared so much.

But now, Gabriel is the most valuable Crown Prince in the Empire. And he's aiming for Daphne.

If Gabriel grants Daphne's wish, If Daphne's heart were to be moved...

Creek-

The report in Cesare's grasp was brutally crumpled.

Joseph bent down and bowed his head.

"I'll fasten the search as much as I can."

"You must find out. It's important."

"Yes!"

Joseph thought. The merchant may be the one who will seriously harm the business of Cesare and the Duchess of Burstoad.

The reality was that Daphne had only asked to find him.

At first, things seemed to pass.

"Duke."

Knock.

A knock was heard and the butler appeared with a serious face.

The butler bowed to Cesare and said,

"A guest has visited."

"I am busy today, so please guide the guest to visit again next time."

"It's a... messenger from the Imperial Palace."

Cesare jumped to his feet.

Could it be that Gabriel came down again?

"He has brought the Emperor's decree. I think the Duke should check it out himself."

Unpleasant news caused frowned on Cesare's face.

****

I muttered as I looked at the mottled windows of the mansion.

"I think the windows are somehow dirty..."

"Does madam think so too?"

"Yes, exactly. I guess it's because no one has cleaned it for a few days."

It seems that the former butler, Albert, did a good job despite his phobia of heights.

The windows of the mansion, which were satisfactory because of the glittering light, quickly seem to have become dirty

It felt pretty good to see them twinkling in the sunlight.

"I guess I should hire someone to clean the windows of the mansion."

"Good idea, madam."

"It would be a good to post an announcement in a local newspaper. But will a lot of people apply for it?"

"Since the pay is high, there will be a lot of people who want to do it. There are a lot of young people these days who can't find a job."

In fact, even when Albert was working, he paid all of his basic salary and risk allowance.