Chapter 48

He was a father who had lived his whole life without even knowing he existed. Her mother did not speak of his father until her death.

So Gabriel also lived as if he had no father.

But Gabriel was brave. For Daphne, whom he loves.

It was he who set fire to Cesare's hunting grounds. Disguised as Cesare's fault, he reported it to the Emperor and the elder nobles.

He knew it was the wrong thing to do, but now Gabriel couldn't stop either.

Because his heart for Daphne has already deepened more than anyone else.

Because the wish that Daphne would be by my side grew even wildly.

The only thing that hasn't changed in the rapidly changing environment is his feelings for Daphne.

"Daphne. Please come to me."

If only Daphne was by my side, everything would be fine. In his anxiety, Gabriel exhorted himself like that.

*****

After about 3 days.

A group was formed to go to the capital.

Unlike other nobles living in the capital, Cesare usually lived in his own estate.

For politics in the capital, he was usually too busy with his brewing business.

However, as the Duke of the Great Burstoad, he also had a nice mansion in the capital.

He contacted them in advance to have them prepared, so they'll probably be busy with preparations before meeting the owner and his wife by now.

"If you think you're going to get motion sick, tell me in advance, Daphne."

"I'm okay."

She replied in response to Cesare's concerns. The scenery outside the carriage window is refreshing. She feels like her heart is being ripped open.

Don't worry about it.

She's actually a pro traveler. She really liked going around.... Well, did you like it? How old are these memories?

Anyway, I was excited about the first long-distance outing in this world.

"I think it's the first time I've gone out this far."

I was just saying that I was expecting that much, but Cesare's face darkened.

I tilted my head and called Cesare.

"Cesare?"

"I'm sorry. You must have been very frustrated. You can't go on a trip."

What was that?

Oh my gosh. It's so amazing that Cesare can think of all those things!

My man has changed so much!

I moved to the seat next to Cesare and patted his shoulder.

"It's okay. You were busy."

And actually, after possessing Daphne's body, I was worried about when the original novel would start, so I didn't even care about traveling.

After receiving alimony, I vaguely imagined that I would use it to go to a scenic resort and build a house and live there.

I thought it was comforting, but Cesare seemed to feel more guilty about my words.

Cesare took my hand and said.

"I will try so we can go on a trip once a month from now on."

"Wow, really?"