Chapter 38

"What?"

Cesare and I hurriedly returned to the mansion relying on a moonlight, we heard Gabriel's news.

While we were away, Gabriel fell off the steps of the mansion and was seriously injured.

Why did he suddenly fall down the stairs?

A look of embarrassment crossed Cesare's face. What was even more surprising was what followed.

"That is... It looks like Albert pushed His Majesty the Crown Prince on the stairs. He was arrested on the spot."

"What? You mean the former butler?"

"Yes, Duchess."

Suddenly I had headache, It was unimaginable.

Albert. How dare you repay my consideration in this way.

What if Gabriel harbors a grudge against us like this?

I guess I gave Albert too mild punishment.

Cesare and I hurried to Gabriel's room.

The knights guarding the room where Gabriel was staying found us and looked at us with ferocious eyes.

The doctor who had just been called to the mansion finished his examination and was coming out of the room. Cesare grabbed the doctor and asked.

"How is the Crown Prince condition?"

"Your Majesty protected his head and luckily he didn't hurt his head as he fell. However, the bone of the left arm joint that hit the hardest is out of place. I put a bandage on it and fixed it, but I think we will have to watch the progress."

"Gabriel!"

As soon as I opened the door, I saw Gabriel with a haggard face.

There was no blood on his face. The original white face looked paler today.

"What should we do? Are you okay?"

I hurriedly approached and looked at Gabriel.

As the doctor said, his left arm was wrapped in a bandage and fixed to his neck. His unbandaged right arm was also heavily bruised.

Gabriel's aide stood in front of me. Oh my goodness. It's a surprise.

"You can't come...."

"Hey."

Gabriel orders his aide in a low voice.

He seemed to show the aspect of the crown prince in his own way. It was a new look.

"Stand back."

"But Your highness...."

The assistant, who met Gabriel's eyes, was forced to step back.

Gabriel made a sympathetic face towards me as the aide turned away. He looked like a sick person.

"Daphne...."

Gabriel opened his mouth in a weak voice.

But soon after, he bit his lip and frowned.

For some reason, it seems that Gabriel is often seen lying sick.

Come to think of it, this is already the third time.

The day I saved Gabriel from the filthy hunting groundskeeper, Gabriel got sick once, and when I tried to escape from the estate, Gabriel, who followed me, sprained his ankle and got sick again. And this time he fell down the stairs and got sick again...

Even in the midst of pain, Gabriel's gaze was always on me. His free right hand fumbled for my hand.

Soon, Gabriel's finger touched my index finger.