Chapter 49

Cesare wiped his lips.

Daphne sent Cesare away without regrets at all.

Does it bother me so much? Maybe it's because we're stuck together the whole time. I was disappointed.

Cesare laughed.

I should have met a doctor before coming to the capital and heard the truth!

Obviously, I couldn't depend on someone like this without getting sick.

Am I sad?

Cesare clicked his tongue at an unfamiliar feeling.

Besides, didn't I feel pain in my heart throughout your trip with Daphne?

This was obviously a problem.

Cesare stopped walking with a serious face, and Joseph called.

"Your Excellency. Why?"

"Joseph."

Joseph, who had the highest trust from Cesare, smiled.

"I think I have a strange heart disease. Bring a famous doctor in here."

"Yes?"

Joseph made a surprised face.

"The doctor in the Burstoad.... No, Let's talk about it when you're sure."

How can he easily say that he thinks he has a heart disease? It was an issue that should not be recklessly disclosed until a proper diagnosis was made.

Especially since Cesare is a Duke. I'm not the only one who believed and followed him.

"... I'll bring the doctor quickly."

Cesare nodded.

"Hah.... Today, let's start by checking urgent documents first. During your stay in the estate, you should also check the budget spent in the townhouse and the income from the capital."

Cesare had to check what had been left only to the vassals.

In addition, it was necessary to grasp the works that were necessary or not in the territory before the emperor's call.

He still didn't know what the emperor's calling meant.

Cesare turned and looked outside.

When Gabriel left, he was quite happy that he was finally separated from Daphne. But the road is getting so close...

For some reason, I had a strong foreboding that Gabriel was related to this time in matters.

It was an ominous and unpleasant feeling.

Cesare's eyes darkened. Whatever he was thinking, he had no intention of going the way he wanted.

'Daphne is my wife.'

She was mine that would never be taken away from anyone.

*****

It was dinner time before I knew it. Cesare, who had not been able to show his nose all day, showed up during dinner time as promised.

Cesare had a tired face, as if he had been working.

He works as soon as he arrives...

Cesare must also know the true taste of vacation...

"Daphne. Did you have a good time?"

"Well. In my own way."

I was having a bit of trouble. I had to squeeze my whole head to figure out how to find out about Count Peliard in a non-obtrusive way.