Chapter 13

"Okay, divorce... What?"

"Divorce me, Cesare."

I told you to divorce me! It's not as difficult as you think, right?

I felt a little proud of the thought that I had accomplished something great. I proudly waited for Cesare's response. Well, I would say it looks good.

But it wasn't.

"Did I hear it wrong?"

"... Huh?"

"Divorce."

Cesare, who had been repeating 'divorce' in his mouth, leaned back in the chair leisurely.

He raised an eyebrow and smiled. He was obviously relaxed and gentle, but somehow I felt an unknown sense of crisis.

what.

A cold sweat was running down my back.

His reaction was not what I expected. Even if he pretended to say no because he has social face, I thought he would like it in the end.

Because you like Gabriel and this is the world of BL novels with an irresistible flow.

I wondered if I stepped up too quickly. I wouldn't have said it if he was not obsessed with Gabriel.

But waiting until then seemed to make my life more dangerous.

I fiddled with my fingers nervously. It was very clear that Cesare's gaze was on me.

As the silence continued, I felt like a mummy because the blood couldn't dry out.

I can't. Let's just say it's a joke-

"Did you have an affair with him?"

"What?"

"Gabriel. The slave I brought."

I opened my mouth wide. What is he talking about now?

"Huh? Daphne. You have to answer."

he said with a soft smile. The mouth was smiling, but the eyes were not. And that made me go crazy.

Don't tell me you think I cheated on Gabriel because I've been good to him?

Cesare doesn't love me. So he wouldn't be threatening me just because I cheated.

What bothers me is the suspicion that Gabriel, whom he loves, may have played with me.

Oh my gosh. What kind of mess is this?

"To be honest, you can find another man."

What do you mean! Are you thinking of killing me!!

Something was going wrong. For the time being, I opted for a retreat.

"... In fact, I lied."

"Hmm."

"Gabriel... No, he doesn't matter at all."

I couldn't let Cesare think that I had seduced Gabriel. It was really a dead end.

"Cesare has been busy lately. That's why I feel lonely for a while."

"Aha."

I muttered as much as I could. Cesare's voice was cheerful, but to me it just felt bloody.

I carefully looked into his eyes. His face was calm. It was just like before the storm.

Cesare stood up and said.

"Wake up, Daphne."

"Yes?"