Chapter 52

Do you not trust me?"

"No, no. It's not that..."

You're really clumsy. But it wasn't bad either.

Rather...

"I like it."

It was strange to say that he would even do that for me.

"Thank you, Cesare."

Cesare coughed and turned his head. I could see his ear becoming red.

There was still a long way to go, but I thought that if I could keep looking at that cute figure, it wouldn't matter.

"Don't worry about Peliard, just keep doing what you're doing. Ah."

Cesare moved his hand mechanically. It might be annoying, but Cesare accepted all my pampering.

It was said in the novel that he would become an obsessive maniac, but what I saw in front of me was a golden retriever.

So it's up to the person who tames it.

*****

The next day, my energy soared as if I were flying again.

It's a waste of my life to waste my feelings on such a thing! You can just ignore it.

Cesare promised that he would take care of Peliard's affairs.

Soon, Daphne's belongings will come into my hands.

What should I do today?

There was little for me to do here. I just arrived at the capital and I don't have any contacts to manage, but that doesn't mean the mansion is not well maintained.

It was my job to go sightseeing until Cesare finished his work..

"What about Cesare?"

"He will be busy today, madam. He told me that you would have to go out alone."

"Really?"

He nodded.

"Maid. Are there any places worth visiting? I've been away for a long time and I don't know anything."

"Well. Anywhere you go.... How about going shopping? Shopping is the best thing to change your mood."

"Is that so?"

In fact, Cesare's busy schedule doesn't make me motivated to do anything else.

No, wait. Was I in the imperial capital? Someone I know... Like Gabriel? I mean, there's no one to meet.

Daphne, you didn't even have friends! Say something!

"... the people I used to interact with when I stayed for a while after the wedding?"

The maid's eyes widened at my question.

"You didn't...?"

"Oh, I was. I asked for confirmation. just wondering."

Daphne. Why did she live as an introvert in the corner of the room even with this beauty? I can't do this. I'm going to make a friend.

It seemed like a good idea to buy a few clothes to wear in the capital. I still don't know what the emperor meant by calling Cesare, but we will be here for a while.

I didn't want to be a woman who could do nothing without a husband.

Right. The purpose of this outing is to make friends!

I went shopping with such broad aspirations.

*****

The position of Duchess Burstoad was also great. Wherever I went, the owner ran out to greet me.