Chapter 41

I was so worried yesterday that I couldn't sleep properly. After barely sleeping, I had a nightmare in which Gabriel kidnapped Cesare and ran away.

It must have been so difficult to argue with a lover over a man.

I looked into Gabriel's eyes.

Today, I have to refrain from talking about Cesare as much as possible. Remembering the original story often makes me feel good.

If Gabriel keeps busy with other things, he could even distance himself from Cesare.

"What are you planning to do today? Have you read all the books I brought you this morning?"

"Ah.... I was reading an interesting book."

Gabriel picked up a book that was on the bed. That shy smiling face was dazzling.

"Thank you, Daphne.... I haven't done anything to Daphne."

There's something for you to do for me, that is most important. Giving up Cesare.

"No, Gabriel. I think we can do something like this. I just need to get better soon."

I said as kindly as possible.

"That... Daphne. I have a request."

"What?"

Say anything. I'll do anything for you. You have to get well soon and go back to your place.

"I want to meet my aide. Can I call him?"

"Of course!"

Gabriel's aide had been away for a while, saying he had some business to do.

Why are you asking for something like that?

It always seems like his aide has something to see when I come in. Is he busy because he's an assistant?

Apparently, our servants didn't like Gabriel very much. So I guess he's just asking him for such a simple request.

Gabriel smiled brightly. The way he carefully chewed the cake and ate it caught my eye.

That's cute.

****

The doctor who examined Gabriel stood in front of Cesare.

"Then, what is the state of the Crown Prince?"

I hope he gets better as soon as possible and gets out of the Burstoad estate. Then Daphne, my wife, would not have to stay with Gabriel.

Cesare asked, hiding his disloyalty.

"That, that...."

However, the doctor trembled when I asked as if he had been hiding something.

The doctor felt that the Duke of Burstoad was offended by his inability to properly treat His Majesty the Crown Prince.

Wasn't it the Duke of Burstrod, who was originally known for being strict and scary?

He was the Duke of Burstoad, who was said to be untouchable even by the Emperor.

The doctor swallowed a gulp and said.

"No, he's much better now. We are prescribing the best medicine, and he will be well in a little while."

"Really? Exactly how long do you think it will take?"

"Maybe in a week...."

Cesare's red eyes flashed terribly. The doctor exclaimed, terrified.

"No, no! 3 days! We will help him to use his arm normally in 3 days! I promise with my 20th year as a doctor!"