43 - 𝙵𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

✨🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔✨

Adeline lunged toward Edward but he moved before Adeline could attack him. Jasper moved the quickest and grabbed Adeline holding her against him in an iron grip. 

It was a moment later when Jasper let go and said "Get him, Adeline!" Which was immediately followed by Esme's death glaring at Jasper. 

None of the other Cullens said anything about it because deep down they knew that Adeline had every right to go after Edward. 

"Edward, don't fight it. You deserve this," Adeline growled in a menacing voice. 

"Oh bite me," Edward threw back. 

"I just might," Adeline said before she lunged at Edward again, this time her thorny vines grabbing Edward's wrists and holding him still. The thorns didn't pierce Edward's skin but they caused pain. 

Adeline walked toward Edward slowly and grabbed his face, forcing him to look at her. "Be lucky you won't die a second death, by my hands. If you pull any kind of shit like that again. I. Will. The end. You." She removed her hands from his face but the thorns remained. With a twist of her hand, the grip the vines had on Edward tightened. He winced and Adeline's grin grew. 

She was still close enough to him that she could hit him; so she did. She punched him in the face, her hand was fine which confused everyone including herself. Then for the cherry on top, she kneed Edward in the crotch. "I hope you never procreate. Even if it's impossible for vampires, you'd find a way. You found a way to break up mates, you ruined everything."

The bitterness of her words tightens the grip of her vines and the thorns. With the venom dripping from the last of her words Adeline relaxed and turned away. 

With it, her thorny vines dissipated from Edward, in its place scarred skin from where the thorns dug into his skin. Adeline could feel the retraction of her vines. She turned back around to Edward and looked at his arms. "I hope every time you look at your arms and see those marks you remember how you ruined the lives of two mates. I hope you think about what you've done."

"Adeline I did nothing wrong. Why are you coming after me?" Edward claimed. 

She marched back toward him. "Did nothing wrong my ass! You threw Bella into the glass vases!"

"Because she cheated on me! Which you brought up!" Edward argued. 

"You don't throw people into vases! You talk about it like adults!"

"Jasper lost control. I was trying to protect her."

"Are you stupid? Jasper only lost control because he could feel everyone's bloodlust. Then when you guys were arguing about staying you Edward Mason Cullen played on Jasper's and everyone else's insecurities." Adeline turned to Carlisle and pointed at him, "and Carlisle, you allowed him to do that. You allowed Edward to make that decision for your family. You allowed him to break me and Jasper up. How could you? You know better than anyone how important family and relationships are, especially the relationship between mates!"

"Adeline," Jasper said in a calm tone, he used his gift to calm her. Adeline sucked in a breath, Jasper was next to her and his scent combined with his gift truly helped her calm down. 

"I admit that I let Edward take control of the situation. Had I known that he was playing on insecurities I wouldn't have allowed him to make that decision. Adeline, I'm truly sorry that Jasper and you were pulled away from each other. I mean that. You have every right to be upset with me but I hope that one day you can accept my apology, " Carlisle said. Even in the tensest of war zones, Carlisle could talk sense into anyone.

 A part of Adeline felt bad for snapping at him. But a saner part of her knew that it was necessary. "Was it a lie?" Adeline asked Carlisle. 

"Was what a lie?" He asked. 

"That day I called you after you guys left. You said that it hurt all of you, even Edward, to leave. You said that you left to protect me." 

"I didn't lie. Not entirely."

"Then what did you lie about then? Edward not being hurt about leaving me?"

"No, Edward was slightly upset to leave. I could see it in his eyes. What I lied about was leaving to protect you. Edward played with our insecurities and said it was better for us to leave. Better ask for forgiveness rather than permission."

"So you guys never wanted to leave?"

"No, we love Forks. We always come back."

Adeline wiped around to face Edward again. This time he cowered back at Adeline's deathly glare. Jasper quickly caught wind of this and grabbed Adeline and held her back. She flailed in his arms trying to break free and go after Edward again. 

"Let me kill him! He deserves it! He deserves to feel my wrath, my pain, and my suffering!" Adeline screamed as angry tears fell down her face. Rosalie appeared in front of Adeline and held her face. 

"Addie, Addie. It's okay," Rosalie reassured. 

"It's not okay! He's going to hurt my heart again, I just know it!" Adeline cried again. Jasper hugged her and Adeline just cried and cried. Edward made his escape. Adeline could hear the door shut. "Edward, you owe me! You are in debt to me!" She shouted again. 

Eventually, Adeline calmed down. It just took some sedation by Carlisle, Jasper's gift, and Rosalie. Adeline's parents texted and let her know that she'd be staying with them for the night. They trusted the Cullens enough to keep her safe.