17 - 𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚎

✨🌧💐🍎💐🌳✨

After her conversation with Jasper and the confirmation that vampires and werewolves indeed existed, Adeline couldn’t fall asleep. Not peacefully, no peaceful was the farthest from what could be described as Adeline’s sleep. Restless, was a better descriptor. Adeline was dreaming, the vast forests surrounding Forks and La Push invading her dreams.

She was standing near the edge of an open field, looking up from the rain-soaked grass to see a small patch of wildflowers. Walking out from her spot and towards the patch of flowers she looks up to see a tall greyish-brown wolf peering out from a tree on the opposite end of the clearing watching Adeline’s every move. Adeline picked a flower bringing it up to her face to smell it. She closed her eyes fully enveloped in the sweet fragrance, when she opened her eyes she saw the wolf nearing her at a slow pace. The wolf felt familiar yet so so strange, startled she yelled and took a step back. Jasper walked out from the left side of the forest edge, walking toward the wolf. “You can’t break the treaty. You must leave her, she’s with us.” Jasper said in a calm, assertive, even tone. The wolf gave a quick glance at Adeline before running at Jasper. Adeline screamed panicking about the safety of Jasper and the wolf, though she didn’t know why she cared about the safety of the wolf. The wolf was about to bite one of Jasper’s noticeably scarred arms when Adeline woke up in her bed. 

Trying to regain her barrings, she grabbed her phone, checking the time. 4:17 am. Well, I can either go back to bed and have the thoughts of whatever the hell that dream was, OR I can put a playlist on and read for a bit until I get tired. Ugh, but I have school in the morning and I can’t fall asleep in class. Whatever, I’ll just make some tea and set a timer for 15 minutes so I can read, then that way I can still kind of get rid of those thoughts and I’ll still maybe get some sleep. Adeline thought. She made herself some tea, found a good book, and read for a bit. The reading helped her sleep a little bit better but the thoughts of the dream still played through her mind on repeat, unable to make the thoughts go away. Hoping the thoughts of her previous dream didn’t infect the next one she might have, she drifted away into a more restful sleep.

✨🌧💐🍎💐🌳✨

Adeline woke up a little bit later than usual. She managed to pull herself from the warmth and safety of her bed and get dressed. Her outfit for today was a navy blue t-shirt, jeans, and her regular white converse.

She trudged downstairs finding Saige at the dining table enjoying some toast

She trudged downstairs finding Saige at the dining table enjoying some toast. “Saigey, do you know if we have any Redbull left?” Saige looked at Adeline, she was about to ask why when she saw the eye bags. 

“I think-” Saige was about to say, but she was distracted when a ray of sunshine peeked through the window and brightened up the room. “It’s sunny!” Saige said excitedly. 

“Yeah whatever it’s sunny. Saige? RedBull or any kind of energy drink?”

“Oh yeah, I think dad took the last one to work this morning.” Adeline groaned.