40 - 𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝙾𝚏 𝙰 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢

✨🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔✨

Adeline walked along a quieter street in the Big Apple. It was cloudy and reminded her of Forks. Of Jasper.

She walked into a cute-looking store, of course when she walks into the store Taylor Swift's Welcome to New York plays. Surprisingly it brightened her mood and reminded her of the fun times Saige and she had, all the late nights over the summer with the late-night dance parties. It brought a soft smile to her face.

The store wasn't anything extraordinary but it wasn't anything insignificant either. Just there. It was like a nicer, more adult version of Claire's.

Adeline browsed a couple of pastel shirts before gliding over to the jewelry. She found a cute gold bracelet duo for best friends or yourself. The one on the top had a crescent moon and the one on the bottom was a star. Adeline loved it.

For Saige and I, she thought. She didn't bother looking through anything else; she couldn't stand the thought of getting some cheesy shirt or coffee mug with "I heart NYC" on it. They were tacky, useless, and kind of ugly. She paid for the bracelets and left satisfied with her purchase.

It had started to rain when Adeline walked out of the store, it wasn't the standard Forks rain but it wasn't Texas thunderstorm-type rain either. Just a good middle point of rain.

Adeline was looking down at her purse to protect the bracelets from the rain. That was when she accidentally crashed into a cold, hard, familiar, marble chest.

She looked up an apology ready on her tongue but it died when she saw who it was.

"Jasper," she breathed out.

"Adeline," he said back.