39 - 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔

✨🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔✨

Adeline sat next to her sister while waiters and waitresses sang her their cheesy birthday song. One of the waitresses set a slice of ice cream cake in front of each person at her table. The one in front of Adeline had a sparkler for a candle. She faked a smile and tried to not hide from embarrassment as all the focus was on her table. 

Embarrassment. That was something different. Ever since the Cullens left Adeline had felt void of emotion, feeling any other emotion besides heartbreak was a step in the right direction. 

Saige poked Adeline in the arm after the wait staff disappeared. "Eat up sis before I take it," Saige treated with her spoon hovering above Adeline's slice of cake.

Adeline let a real smile spread across her face. "Not a chance Saigey."

✨🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔✨

Adeline woke up in the middle of the night for some water. When she opened her eyes she looked in front of her. Between the two beds stood a sorrowful man. It was dark and the curtains were shut blocking any light from entering or exiting. 

She removed the covers from herself and sat up wondering if the man was real or fake. A faint glimmer of light from underneath the curtain gave some light to the man standing between her sister's and parents' beds. 

Jasper often snuck into Adeline's room back home and she left the window unlocked just for him. But getting past the city that never sleeps on the 16th floor of a hotel not to mention the lack of noise. It didn't seem… real. 

Nothing did anymore. 

"Jasper?" Adeline breathed out in a whisper. 

Nothing the man or figure just disappeared like mist. "I'm going insane, or someone slipped something in my drink and now I'm high as balls," Adeline mumbled to herself as she tried to process what happened. 

Adeline heard a little laugh come from the bed she was just in. "Lol, balls," Saige airly and tiredly giggled. 

"Go back to sleep, Saige. I'm just getting water." Adeline whispered. 

"Yeah yeah," Saige said as she turned over and fell back into an easy sleep. 

✨🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔✨

Adeline woke up the next morning and found a small wrapped box in her purse. She looked around the room to see if it was a prank or not and to see if anyone was around. 

She opened the box and found a necklace box, the necklace was the same necklace that Regina George had in the movie. Initials and all. Adeline clutched to her chest. 

There was another little jewelry box. Adeline opened it and found gold butterfly earrings with a note from Rosalie. And one from Jasper. 

We know it's your birthday so happy birthday Adeline. The necklace is from me and the gold butterfly earrings ante from Jasper. He feels really bad about what happened and how he left but he felt worse continuously putting you in danger or so he claims. I say, however, let them come. If I had the option between you and Emmett I might just choose you (don't tell Emmett though!). Happy Birthday Miss Adeline Sinclair or should I say, Regina George? Hope you like the necklace. It can stand for Regina or Rosalie up to you. Maybe if we reunite I can get an 'A' necklace so we can match. Either way, I love you more than the afterlife and I hope I can see you soon. -Love Rosalie Hale

Dear Adeline, I apologize again for the way I left you. I know my apologies won't make up for anything I've done but I can only try. I remember you saying that you liked butterflies so I decided butterfly earrings might be a good choice for a birthday present. Rosalie helped me pick the perfect ones. It's hard knowing that you're out somewhere doing things with other people but I feel better knowing you get to have a normal life without me. We're still in New York by the way. We most likely won't bump into each other but I'm hoping fate (and Alice) have other plans. I love you and I wish you the best. -Jasper Whitlock Hale

Whitlock? Where did that come from? Better question: When the hell did they stop by my hotel room? Adeline thought to herself.