CH-9

I woke up tired the next day, i felt Hanni's hand against my skin, she was burning.

I sat up and tried to wake her up, she had a strong fever. "Do you want to visit a doctor?" I asked her.

She shook her head and denied. "I'll call a doctor here..." I spoke.

"No, don't..." She spoke in a weak voice.

"If my parents come to know they're going to nag at me." I spoke and got up from the bed, i decided to invite a doctor.

_

After my call with the doctor Hanni tried to tell me something which i couldn't understand so i sat beside her.

"Can you go to my office? Today is an important day, you need to give this file to my assistant..." She pointed at the file kept over the table.

"Is it urgent? I can stay with you." I spoke.

"No, you've called the doctor right? Go and give this file to my assistant, please." She spoke.

"Okay, don't worry, I'll go..." I reassured her.

After my shower, i got ready, i took the file and left.

•••••••

Once i reached at the company, i walked inside, i met the receptionist.

She told me to wait and they will assist me in few minutes.

While i was standing here with the file, a random guy walked beside me and stood beside me.

He started smoking.

I gulped down the saliva i had left in my mouth because now i wanted to smoke, my hand immediately went inside my pocket, i removed the packet i carried with me, it was empty.

Seriously, out of all the days my cigarettes have to be over right now? I then asked him if he had any cigarettes left he said it was his last one, the one he was smoking.

I felt a little dizzy, i had to smoke, if i move to go outside and buy one cigarette for myself, i would definitely fall, i won't be able to make it till the store.

I leaned back against the wall and patiently waited, my forehead had started sweating, my hands were trembling slightly.

I tried to open my eyes which i closed few seconds ago, then i fell down on the floor as everything went black in front of my eyes.

•••••••

I heard a little girl's faint voice, i realised i was laying down and the thing i was laying down was extremely soft. i was on a couch.

"Mommy, she woke up!"

I rubbed my eyes and sat up on the couch, a small girl was standing near me. I checked around, it was like an office.

I quickly checked if i had Hanni's file with me. It was placed on the table in front of me.

I saw through my peripheral view a woman walked towards me, i could hear her heels clacking against the floor. The little girl ran towards the woman as she approached me.

She was so beautiful, she was wearing a white crop top underneath her light green full sleeves classic blazer. A light green pants, a silver necklace over her neck, her purple coloured hair fell over her shoulders.

Why was I checking her out?

"Kiya, go and wait for me in the car." She spoke looking down at the small girl.

"Okay mommy." The girl answered and left.

Then the woman faced me. "Are you alright? You passed out." She spoke with a slight concern.

I gave her a nod.

I stood up and walked towards the file on the table.

"Can you give this file to Hanni's assistant?" I asked, picking up the file.

"I'm her assistant. You can hand me the file." She spoke with a smile and brought her hand towards me. Why did she look so fucking beautiful when she was smiling.

I shouldn't be thinking such things, what's wrong with me.

I gave her the file.

"Is Mrs.Kim going to be on a leave today?" She asked.

"Yes, she is not feeling well."

"Alright, please tell her to take care." She spoke, "There is the exit." She pointed her hand behind me, towards a door.

She gave me slight bow before she left the room. Why would she leave the room in a hurry. I just kept looking at her back.

I wanted her to stay.

I sighed and turned around towards the exit.

_

When i was in the elevator, i called Hanni.

"I gave the file..."

"Okay... Are you good? You passed out there..."

How does she know?

"Yeah, I'm good. How are you feeling?"

"Not better..."

"Okay I'll be there in few minutes..."

"Can you bring me some snacks to eat, please. I don't know if i can eat it but I wanna try..."

"Sure. Do you want anything else?"

"No, that's it. I'll hang up, goodbye."

"Bye..."

_

She disconnected the call, i couldn't stop thinking about the woman i met earlier, i didn't get her name.

I walked outside of the elevator.

Walking out of the company, i saw the same woman again near the car with Kiya? I guess that's what she called the child.

The woman looked at me once with a stern expression, she was talking on a call.

I kept staring at her for few minutes before averting my gaze somewhere else.

_

I sat inside my car, i could still see them.

A guy walked towards them and smiled at Kiya they talked for awhile then the woman got inside the car after Kiya.

That must be her husband.

Should I follow them? I want to know her.

I'm crazy, i should leave for my house. Hanni must be waiting for me.

I started the car and drove towards my mansion.

×××××××

👀