Flashback

Flashback

Sean was pacing around his room. They told him his roommate was on leave. So he had the room for himself for few days. He was a lone wolf, never interacted with any other supernatural until he went on a date with Josie Saltzman.

He liked the brunette from the first time and when Sophia explained the marking process, he was edgy. And the night ahead he had this fiery passion to complete the process and claim the brunette he was crushing so hard. But nothing happened between them. Josie attacked him, not conciously but knowing another wolf is going to mark her, her inner wolf didn't allow that.

His wolf was displeased, he hadn't marked the brunette and that made him incongruous. Seeing her with Sophia, he felt the jealousy creeping inside but he was more amazed by his surroundings to voice that thought. And right now he was trying to accept the change, to convince his inner animal of what they couldn't have. He heard the footsteps near his room as it moved away quickly. Eager to know who is breaking the rule, as it was past curfew he exits his room, following the person ahead.

-------------------------×-----------------------------

Josie sneaks out of her room. On her way out she sensed someone behind her and turned around to find no shadows in the dark. She went towards the old mills. She was feeling this unusual shift of attachment to the succubus and she was still trying to figure this out.

The moon shine upon her. It wasn't in its full shape but within few days it will be. She walked around lost in her thoughts when a white wolf lounge towards her direction. Josie stands still, shocked for a moment to recognise the wild creature in front of her. She knew that wolf very well. The wolf circle her around, growling as it was looking for any threats.
"Hope..." The wolf looked towards the brunette "No one's here, I'm safe" the wolf didn't seem certain but as per Josie's word it turns quite and jumped away, hiding in the dark. After few moments the tribrid came into view looking for Josie. The brunette was sitting on a wood bench, staring at the moon.
"Is everything okay or are you here for star gazing?" Hope asked as she stands in front of the brunette. Josie smiled weakly as she replied
"I just couldn't fall asleep, something doesn't feel right?"
"You can tell me you know right? I will help you" Hope answered as she seat beside the brunette. And Josie realised she hasn't talked to Hope about everything that happened when she was in her dark phase.
"You've already helped me a lot... Thank you for everything you've done for me" Josie said fidgeting her fingers.
"You don't have to thank me for anything, It's the least I could do" Hope replied ashamed. Josie nods at her they sat in silence. The tension between them becoming thick and Hope couldn't help but ask
"I still hoped that you would've told me when you left" Josie opened her mouth to reply but the tribrid beats her to it
"It's doesn't matter now, cause you are here..." Hope moved her hands to the brunette holding hers, feeling the sparks and she was sure Josie does too
"I missed you" Josie smiled at her. The uncertainty she felt earlier disappear as all her thoughts captured by the red haired girl besides her. At that moment she wanted to move past all the mate drama and just to be in the company of the tribrid.
"I missed you too"
"There are so many things I want to say to you" Hope said "I was scared because of the darkness within me and I need you to be the light in it"
"Hope... I..." This was supposed to be her line, she was the one who let the darkness in her consumes her and causes chaos to all of them
"You're still my soulmate, nothing's change. Tell me you feel it too" the tribrid asked
"Why this is so hard between us? Why you make everything so complicated for me?" The brunette felt tears brewing in her eyes.
"I know no amount of apologies and words of comfort bring back the time we've lost. Let me make it up to you. Let me be the mate you deserve... Just let me love you Josie Saltzman"
Between the tears Josie smiled at the statement as she nods at her. The tribrid matched her smile. Their eyes locked as she slowly lean in wanting to kiss her mate for so long and Josie does the same. Their breaths touched their lips and the tribrid was desperate to closed the gap between them when they heard the snap of the wood. They both pulled back looking at the same direction. The tribrid stood in front of the siphoner, looking for any possible threat.
"Who's there?" She shouted, no response. Thinking might be another monster, she took the defensive steps towards the closest tree followed by the brunette. No one was there, but her wolf could sense the smell of another being faded. They both looked around but no one was there.
"May be it was some animal" Josie assumed.
"Not likely" The tribrid moved ahead as she picked something from the ground
"Well who would want to spy on us and why?" Josie asked still looking around.
"We'll have to just ask them by ourselves" Hope shows Josie an earing she found and Josie looked surprised for a moment.
"That's not possible" the brunette gasped
"You know who wears this kind of earrings?" The tribrid asked
"Yeah. It's mine" Hope gave her a questioning look as Josie replied
"Lizzie chose these earrings when we were in Europe. Mom bought the two of them, each for both of us"