I won't give up on you

Flashback...

Later that day Landon and Raf played games with MG. Landon got bored and started asking questions about MG's family. Landon, Raf and MG went to visit his family to Maryland but didn't came back.

After her short time nap in the infirmary, Josie's pain fade away and she decided to do what she intend at first in the morning. To made her way towards the library she searched every book contain the subject of mate bond and it's effect. She searched through every book but didn't find what she was looking for- a way to break the mate bond.

She was angry and in rage, if Hope didn't want to be her mate then she would not be tie up in a mystical connection with her. Breaking the bond was the only solution to stop what happened to her in the morning. Turning a page to the book she found something
"A mate bond can never be fully broken. If someone rejects their mate and denied to be their mate the rejected mate has to go through the loss and pain of their mate. It would increase and worsen by time and in some cases cause the reason of their death"
She read the lines again and again thinking the worst things that could happen to her. She sighed heavily and flipped to the next page

"To get rid of the pain the rejected mate should accept the rejection which could severe the bond between them during time and distance." It would affect her either way. She felt the lump in her throat thinking about how a beautiful situation became the worst for her. She didn't wanted to end what date decided for and being the mate of her childhood crush was something she always craved but now that all the tables has turned she had to make the hard choice in order to survive.

"The bond between them deemed over period of time and distance and during that time if they willingly mated to the other person and mark them, the new bond would be form between the two fully severing the first one"
There was other sections as well as if someone have more than one mate or maybe two. That includes the person to be in a polyamorous relationship... which doesn't concerned the brunette. She flipped through pages trying to find out more only to find the same thing repeated in any other book. She sighed deeply getting frustrated. She didn't find anything that could permanently broke the bond with the tribrid, much to her dismay she continued her research on breaking the mate bond while the aching in her heart began again.
Only if she knew it wasn't the mate bond.

At Maple Hallow, her constant bickering and arguing with Lizzie made the tribrid agitated and more mad. Lizzie was continuously blaming her for ruining their family trip and always forced herself in their family. The tribrid was feeling on edge and she also felt the pain in her heart but her body was made to took any major hit so she didn't felt the pain as equals to her mate. Somehow she accepted that she was jealous of Lizzie and her family and the fact that she also wanted what the blonde always had in her life 'a normal day with her family'. Lizzie also mentioned about Josie's condition and her father to call her at the school to check up on her. Hope tried to not be so obvious but bringing up a conversation including Josie not being okay made her feel terrible cause she was the reason of it. She tried to avoid the conversation whenever they talked about her.

They fought a mummy together and got the urn by tricking the TRIAD only for the Triad to kidnap Dorian and Emma and got the urn back in return. On their way back both the tribrid and the blonde Saltzman girl apologised to each other about making wrong assumptions, which somehow work fine for their liking.

When the tribrid returned to the school, her first thought was to check up on Josie, not that she would directly go to her and ask her about her day. She felt the aching in her chest whole day and knew it has something to do with a certain brunette. She went to the twin's room only to stopped by the headmaster. Alaric told her about missing of some students which includes MG, Rafael and her current boyfriend Landon. She wanted to at least took a glance at her mate but she would do that later while those three might be in a serious trouble.