Pain

"H-ope..."
The name slipped through her lips as the sight of the huge white wolf in front of her. Her eyes were bright gold as she pierced straight into the brown irises. Looking at the brunette she realised they have the typical connection with pain, it caused her to leave and it was pain which brought them back together in front of each other.

For an intense moment they just stare at each other not saying another word. She realised the time and place as she broke the eye contact with the wolf. Standing on her feet. The wolf whine at the lost of her longing stares. The brunette heard the breaking sound of the bones as the wolf starts to shift in her human form. She did not let pass the fact that if the tribrid shift in front of her she would be naked but Hope didn't care about that at the moment. Her only concern was to make her mate feel safe.

For all these past months she tried to move on from the heartbreak. And she did. Which is what she always tell herself when she accepted her rejection. She knew mate bond was implicit, never meant to be broken. She also knew even if she would find someone other than her mate, she would never be able to fully overcome from the heartache she felt every day because of the distance between them. Not only physically but mentally.

She blamed herself for expecting that from the tribrid. She would never have believed in the fact that fates always brought them together. Her long childhood crush on the tribrid was the beginning of it. Hope was always a closed person, never let her guards down to trust anyone. She seemed relieved that she didn't had a mate when she turned 16. The siphoner should've known they are never meant to be. The interaction between them at the night of the talent show was only a heat of the moment and she expected she would have her together forever which she always wanted. Fate's a bitch.

Came to the reality she immediately stand from the ground before the wolf in front of her would shift in her human form. She was hobbling back to the campus as her body was weak because of the pain she went through few minutes ago. She heard a loud growl but didn't turn back. She wasn't ready to face Hope. She was afraid if she would stay she would never be able to fully recover from the rejection. The rejection which was the tribrid's choice. She didn't even consider her mate's feeling or her opinion about them being mates.

She stopped by a hand holding her arms. The touch send sparks through her body as she felt the remaining weakness in of her body reduced. The hold on her arms was firm and soft but strong which cause her to turn around only to meet eyes with the golden ones. She swallow thickly with the different kind of emotions building inside of her. She tried to deny every one of them.

"Jo..."

----------------------------×-------------------------

The tribrid started to shift in front of her. The only thing coming to her mind was holding her mate as close to her that she would calm her. Her wolf was getting out of control as she felt the breaking of her bones and again shifted back to her human form.

She realised as the brunette move past her, trying to get away from her and her wolf didn't like it. She knew Josie would run away from her she expected that behaviour from her. Not that she deserves her forgiveness but she needed her to forgive her. She wanted to talk to her, tell her how miserable she's been these past months without her. She wanted to tell her that she regret rejecting her, that she needed her back in her life. She wanted her mate to be hers only.

She completed her transformation. She turned around to find the brunette few meters away from her. Her wolf growled at the distance between them. She doesn't know what to say to her not that her words could mend her broken heart. She had to try at least. She muttered a quick spell and her clothes appear on her body. She walked fast at her direction as her heart starts to beat in a rhythm.