14 | ew children

"You have to go back to school, Flor." Jersey said to me in the parking lot.

I rolled my eyes considering that we were already in front of the school, so I couldn't run off.

I took a sip of my refresher trying to ease my feelings of disconcert. He held my hand, " Come on, at least for a couple periods, we can skip at lunch and during the classes with them, okay?" He said rubbing my back, I nodded hoping we could just get this over with.

He got out of the car and went to the other side to open my door for me. I took his hand and exhaled loudly.

This was going to be long.

-

"Fuck, I forgot my locker code." Jersey slammed his fist to his locker in rage. I chuckled, "Try your birthday".

He reset it and worked around the locker for a few minutes before it opened. "Did I tell you today that I love you?" he said giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before grabbing his notebook.

"Yes, but you should do it again for reassurance." I explained with a cheeky look.

He grinned at me, as he walked the other direction towards his class, "Oh, for sure" he said sarcastically.

Maybe it was weird to like someone so fast, maybe it was wrong to move-in with them so fast, maybe everything about our dynamic wasn't normal or at least according to me, but with him I felt stable.

Grounded for once.

And I hoped that it wouldn't change.

"Florence, where the fuck were you?" an angry voice screamed behind me.

I turned to Xavier, not suprised. "I don't know." I said shrugging, and turning back to go to first period. He grabbed me by the strap of the backpack, and pulled me around to him. His cheeks were lightly colored in anger, and he was almost shaking in rage. 

"Your coming home, now." I pushed him off, ready to defend myself. 

"No, I'm not." I gritted through my teeth.

He almost had to refrain himself from grabbing me, as I watched him grow angrier, everything around me started to sort of tune out. I could see Spencer and Finn pulling him away, and people crowding around the scene, I started to walk to class before the bell.

I understand anger. Hell, I know anger. He didn't hurt me, or try to, but the thought of it, chilled me to my core. Anger is a drug, it takes over you and controls you until you finally snap. As soon as it's over, regret is all that you feel. 

As much as you try, you can never take back your actions or words, caused by such hatred. 

I just hoped none of us would do something we would both regret.

-

I changed out of my scrubs, and hurriedly ran to my next class. I sat down just in time, right before the teacher walked in. 

He sighed, "Alright class today, just work on your group projects, and that's it-" Before he could finish, someone walked into the class.

Everyone was too busy moving around to notice. But I did.

He talked to the teacher, and scanned the classroom before meeting my eyes.

"And what did you say your name was, again?" the teacher asked.

He blinked away from me for a second. 

"Oh, um, Ezra."

-