8 | crybaby

THIS WHOLE CHAPTER IS A TRIGGER, it mentions: of drug abuse, drugs, OD, death, car accidents, hospitals. If you are okay, that read. Thank you!

Florence s P.O.V:

For the past couple of days, I haven't been able to get out of bed. I was never a person who liked change. Safe to say, this wasn't an exception.

I didn't understand why they hated me so much. I've dealt with people being rude before, but the level of resentment coming off of them was too much to handle. It felt like being stuck in a room while it burned down, everywhere but where you stood, but with every touch of heat, it becomes unbearable.

I looked up at the sky.

It was so peaceful.

I want the sky.

I want everything it has, it's beauty, it's serenity, everything.

I want my mom.

I went back inside to my room, and got under my blanket, it felt so warm and soft, but it's scent was unfamiliar. It didn't feel like home. It didn't feel like Mom cooking, Dad smiling at her coming home from work, or me and Ezra playing make-believe games or watching TV.

As embarrassing as it is, to say, I find no point in life anymore. Sometimes, I wish I could time travel.

I would give anything to be in my mother's arms again, and not alone in a blanket in someone else's house.

-

My phone rang.

No caller ID?

I picked up.

"Who is this." I asked tired, as it was the middle of the night.

It was quiet on the other end.

"Hey Florie."

Ezra.

"Why." I asked, my voice cracking, slightly.

"What do you mean." he said in a soft voice.

"Why would you do this to me." I sobbed.

He was quiet on the other end.

"Do you even know where I am, right now?" I asked, "Do you even care?"

"Where are you?"

"Why bother?" I sobbed as I hung up the phone.

-

I sucked in heavy breaths, trying not to lose control, and calm myself down. I blew out air, and sputtered, but couldn't breathe. I grabbed on to the side of the bed, trying to prop myself up, but it only contributed to the lack of oxygen. I couldn't stop crying, I clutched my sheets, and forced myself to stop.

Exhaling slowly, I suppressed my hiccups. Breathing out, I kept thinking to focus on happy things. After a couple minutes I calmed down, but my hiccups were persistent.

After the waterfall stopped, the pain in my ribs, become more prominent. I staggered towards the door, and kept telling myself to stay calm, as I opened it.

It was dark, and my eyes didn't adjust, so I bumped into something.

No, not something.

Someone.

My eyes widened with fear, as I tried to get away but tripped. Just as I was about to crash into the ground, a pair of arms caught me.

I looked closer, and realized who it was.