6 | brothers

I stared at my oldest brother surprised, I thought he had been ignoring me. "How do you know about that?". I questioned him.

"Did you think the police weren't going to  tell me that they lost my sister?" he said.

"I don't know." I said simply trying to avoid conversation. He stared at me.

"You better not be doing that once we land in NY, okay?" he said firmly. I nodded yes, because he kinda scared me.

He shook his head, " I want you to say it out loud, okay.". I am not a three year old. I rolled my eyes and mumbled it back. "And drop the attitude." he added.

I stuck my tongue out at him, defiant.

He did it back.

Maybe he's a soft teddy bear underneath that scary look after all. Awww.

The plane lights dimmed and I felt groggy, maybe it was the mix of exhaustion or the painkillers, but I couldn't stay awake. I looked over at Theo one last time before giving into sleep. Maybe I was hearing things but before I passed out, a voice said.

"Goodnight, stella."
(star)

-

I woke up in a car, resting on someone's shoulder. I snuggled cozily up into their side , and smelled their cologne, it smelled like pinecones or a forest after rain.

How basic.

"OMG she just sniffed me, like took a huge ass whiff, is this what girls do in their sleep, cause honestly it's weird." the I could feel the vibration of their chest against my shoulder. Strangely the voice didn't belong to Theo, who was this?

I shot up and scooted away farther from the boy. He had brown fluffy hair, and matching brown eyes, he looked like Mom but the brunette, male version. He was also HUGE, not like in weight-wise, but in size, he had a large muscular build and was really tall, like head hitting the roof of the car, tall.

He grinned at me, "Your finally awake, I've been waiting forever, literally you slept like a baby, Theo and I could not wake you up when you landed, I literally had to carry you. I even started playing Nirvana, and you were dead asleep. I seriously thought that you died, I was so scared, but then you started to sniff me, which is really weird and please don't do that again, but your alive and I'm so glad!" he finished off bear hugging me.

I choked and slapped his shoulder, "Can't breathe." he dropped me, and smiled sheepishly.

I looked up at the passenger seat, where Theo was sitting, laughing at us. They're was no one else in the car except for the three of us, excluding the driver.

"Wait who are you?" I asked him turning to face him. His smile faltered a little bit, and his eyes turned sad, but he covered it up, "Oh yeah I forgot, you were only 2, you probably don't remember us." he scratched the back of his head, "I'm Spencer, your 3rd oldest brother." he said.

"3rd? Who's the second? And don't I have like 5 brothers?" I asked confused.  "I'm pretty sure you already know Theo, the oldest, probably like 40 years old, and our "guardian"," He said in hand parentheses explaining to me, before being interrupted by Theo, "I'm not 40, I'm 26 you dipshit." Spencer laughed. "Anyways, as I was saying, Bentley is 23 and he's the second oldest, he's sorta like a strict mom or something, you know, and then there's me! I'm 19, but I'll be going to school with you since I got held back, and I'm a senior. After me, is the worst sibling, Xavier, he's a senior, and he's 18, and the 4th oldest sibling. And that's it." He finished off his second speech in less than like 10 minutes.