11| fever dream

Bright, white lights burned into my eyes as I stared at them. I didn't know how long I've been up, or how long I've been staring but everything felt like a fever dream.

Mindlessly, I moved my eyes away and focused on myself. I was laying in a bed with a white hospital gown on. I chuckled to myself, that's gotta be a record. 'Two hospitals visits in a month and a half? Wow.' I thought.

Someone beside me cleared their throat, and I turned my head to see who it was. Instantly my hands went up to my neck to ease it from not having moved in quite a bit.

"Finn?" I asked, I felt like the voice was coming from me but I was away from my own body. I guess, I was on medication.

I looked at him harder and realized his eyes were red and dry. "Dude, you need eye drops, it's so noticeable." I said.

"Huh?" he said confusedly. I mimicked blowing out air, and he realized what I meant. He shook his head and laughed, "No, no, I don't vape.".

"Good, those things are bad for your lungs." I turned back around. "Can you turn off the lights?" I asked as I felt a headache forming.

He nodded, and got up to turn them off.

"Where are the others?" I asked him.

"They stayed for a bit, and then the doctor told us something, so they left to speak to them more, and I didn't want to hear anymore, so I came to stay with you." he said nodding almost
painfully.

I felt a weird feeling start to pit in my stomach. I remembered what happened before and immediately grew worried. "Is it Jersey, what happened to him?" I cried out.

He shook his head smiling sadly, "No Flor, it's not him, he's fine, he just had a infected cut that was reopens but he's healing and stable now." but his expression grew sad.

I opened my mouth to speak as I tried to prop myself up, but hissed in pain. My stomach felt like there was an empty hole through it, and someone just put gauze over it. I clutched my torso, and ceased moving, knowing it was causing my pain. 

I lifted to see a covered wound on my lower stomach, I groaned but winced as it only caused me more pain. Finn helped me settle down onto the bed. As I was about to ask him, what happened, a nurse walked in. 

She frowned at me with a sorrow expression, "Oh, did he tell you, hon? I'm so sorry, I don't even know what to say." she said as she handed me a painkiller and urged me to swallow. 

She continued, "But don't you worry, your brother's have connection, and once you get better, you'll get treatment from the world's best gynecologist's and everything. I'll keep you in my prayers tonight, sweetie." She flashed a small smile as she left before I could say anything else.

 I leaned my head down on my pillow, and tried to focus. Finn hesitated in speaking for a couple minutes. "What does she mean?" I said to him.

I hoped he wouldn't confirm my fear.

"Florence." his voice struggled with being clear.

He looked away from me, "I'm so sorry, I regret everything." he put his head in his hands. Although I was frustrated because I was only trying to figure out what happened, but I also wanted to hear what he had to say.

"You know when people say that you don't love what you already have until you lose it?" he looked to me. "That how I felt about you. I hated you at first, and it wasn't only me, it was Xavier too. We both hated you, we hated how you grew up with a mom, our mom, she chose you over ALL of us. We thought you lived a perfect life, with your new family, and we didn't. We didn't get to grow up with a Mom. " I reached for his shoulder, and gently pressed it, not knowing what to say.