12 | mafiaaaaahhhh

My eyes rolled to the back of my head, it was so fucking good!

"I love mint chocolate chip ice cream, it's the best." I said as I stared lovingly at the cone. Jersey chuckled. 

"Anyways, how did you end up with more injuries than me?" he said confused. I deadpanned, and lifted my shirt to show the wound. 

"Because some half dead mafia fighter decided that if he was gonna go, then so was my digestive system." I reminisced the events that occurred, trying to be aloof about it, like I wasn't still struggling to grasp.

 I was still confused about the mafia part. Theo and Bentley told me about it, but something told me they were leaving out details. 

They must be doing something that gives them that much power. Spencer wouldn't tell me anything, because he said I didn't swear to Omertà yet.

Xavier and Finn didn't budge either, for now all I knew was the that I was in deep shit. 

I didn't know whether to be mad or not, if they weren't involved in this, I wouldn't be in this position. But at the same time it was a family thing, they couldn't give it up.

If anything, I was more conscious than ever before. People think that mafia's or gangs are to be taken lightly, like in books or movies. But they don't know the hard reality of it. I thought back to the fight that took place, so many people were dead. 

So many..

Right now, I was scared of what my brothers do, and what they could do. 

Humans have many instincts, most prominent is fight or flight.

But my heart always takes over my instincts, I don't know whether I should fight, or "flight".

-

Jersey has been visiting me often in the hospital, I got him to tell me more about the mafia's. He says it's because he felt bad I got caught in the crossfire that his dad caused.  But I hope that's not the only reason.

It took me a while to fit the pieces of the puzzle together, but I did. 

Jersey's father was the Don of the French Mafia. 

But Jersey was a secret, his father had an affair, but his mistress left after giving birth to him. He couldn't tell the mafia world about Jersey because he was a "disgrace". 

He raised Jersey as an assassin, unlike his half siblings. When Jersey's younger half brother became old enough, he would take over. Jersey explained the rules of most mafias to me, and from what I knew, the oldest always takes over. 

The only reason Jersey even went to school, was because he had threatened to take out the entire French mafia unless his father told them about him. 

Even after everyone found out about Jersey, he still wouldn't give the mafia to him. It was unfair, because I knew that Jersey could turn it around. Mafia's don't indulge in light criminal work, obviously, but the French were pathetic. 

They ran brothels, and enslaved people against their will, these actions caused the other Mafia's to hate the Laurent Family.

Hell, I couldn't blame Jersey, he couldn't do anything about it, if he tried, there'd probably be a sniper to his head. It's not he even wanted to fight, his father forces him to. It's either fight or die.

I knew that Laurent's were hated for a reason, but after hearing how Jersey's father treated him, that gave me a reason to hate them as well.

"I'm probably better off with Ezra beating my ass, than I am here." I chuckled after another talk about the Mafias but stopped when I saw Jersey not returning it.