3 | gotta love cops

"What the absolute fuck are you doing here?" I screamed at his face.

My brother stared at me for a second and sighed. "I lost my job and I needed money for my dealer, can you move so I go leave now?" he said with no care in the world.

I glared at him, "I worked for that money and if you need to fuel your drug addiction ,don't come to me and take my money, and trash the whole house!"

I gestured at the mess he made. He glared back and shoved me to the side as he tried to unlock the door, but I was done letting him push me around.

I grabbed the bill out of his hands as he was fumbling with the door. I could see him tense up as he exhaled deeply and turned to face me .

Oh fuck.

I ran for the safety of my room my I knew I wasn't going to make it, Ezra's footsteps were hot on my tail. 

I was stupid for egging him on.

I reached for my door handle but he was faster and stronger than me. He pulled me back by my hair and slammed me into the floor.

For a few seconds everything went black but i got steady again but I was still dizzy, I turned onto my back, only to feel a searing pain on the side of my ribs.

I felt for the source of pain and felt a hot liquid running all over my side and through my shirt. The beer bottle glass must've stabbed me when I fell. I clutched my rib and tried not to pass out from the lack of air and pain vibrating through my body.

Ezra took the money from the floor where I had dropped it and snagged it into his pocket. I started to see black dots and my vision started to go foggy. He looked down at me. "If you hadn't rushed Mom, she wouldn't have died that day, if anything it should have been you who died." he spit at me.

As much as the words hurt, I couldn't even care, the pain in my body was crippling, I gasped for air and tried ripping the glass out. I felt weaker by the second.

Where was my phone? I had to get to the hospital, I couldn't ask Ezra for help because it's not like he would. I tried to stand up but it hurt to breathe.

Ezra scoffed and walked away probably to go find his dealer. I dragged myself to the kitchen counter, and grabbed my phone.

Barely breathing I pressed a couple digits as my body gave in.

"911, What's your emergency?"

-

'Am I dead? Is this heaven? Why can't I see anything? Being dead is so boring honestly. I wonde-'

'Beep Beep Beep'

I snuggled closer to my blanket, so warm, but it smells kinda weird, almost like a hospital. I blinked open my eyes fast, but cringed because of bright it was. 

Shit I am in a hospital.

A older woman walked into the room, with two police officers, " Hello, I'm your doctor, you can call me Victoria." I was so confused about all this, " You were for 3 days so I know this must be a little confusing, but you were hospitalized because you had a collapsed lung. The lung collapsing was caused by blunt force but the cut came from glass that we found was penetrated into your rib." She explained.

I subconsciously listened but was more focused on the fact that they're were police officers behind her.

" These two gentlewoman will ask you some questions okay? Your not in trouble or anything so don't worry." she smiled before placing a water bottle on my nightstand and leaving.

The police officers smiled at me while one started talking and the other took notes.

"Hello sweetie, I'm Officer McCullen and this is my partner and we are going to ask you some questions because of the state we found you in and you are a minor so this is necessary, okay?" I nodded.

" How did this happen?" She pointed to my rib, I hesitated I didn't want to put my brother even the he messed up, I couldn't ruin his life more. " Oh I fell." I stated simply, smiling trying to look innocent. She nodded. "Can you tell me about your fathers drinking history?"

I'm fucked.

-

authors note
again she can't catch a break lolz
thoughts on ezra?
how do you think his character will change over time?
what do you think is going to happen in Florence now that the police are investigating her?

xoxo cherry