1. Box

Ben's p.o.v.

I smiled and waved as the children walked away, holding their mother's hands.

Two new friends.

As soon as they were out of sight, my smile faded. I leaned over the edge of my box, making sure that the free sign was still duct taped securely to the front of the cardboard. After smoothing it down a bit, I laid back in my box. My blonde ears perked up as a few other people strolled by, and my fluffy tail wagged happily between my legs.

A few girls stopped to take me out of my box to pet me and drool over just how cute I was.

"Mom would never let us keep a neko, Jessica. He's so fucking adorable...but she'd never let us keep him," one of them said.

The girl who held me, I guess her name was Jessica, sighed.

I whimpered and nuzzled her neck, purring sweetly.

"But...Amy, can't we just take him home without mom knowing?"

Amy shook her head. "If she ever found out, she'd put him right back on the streets. It's best we don't get attached to him."

They put me back into my box, each of them giving me a kiss on the head, then they left.

I watched them go, my ears flat against my head, tail tucked between my legs.

No one wants me...

I grabbed my favorite green blanket and huddled in the corner of my box with my bottle that still contained a little milk. It was nighttime, now.

I didn't like feeding myself, though. It felt much better to lay back in someone's arms and have them hold my bottle and feed me, instead.

I loved people. All I wanted was a master...someone who would take me home.

Anyone.

"Hi, there."

A deep, husky voice brought me out of my thoughts.

I looked up, just as I was about to start sucking my bottle.

A man was kneeled over my box. His skin was...completely white. Even in the dim moonlight, his features were so clear. His hair was as black as the sky above him, maybe even darker. It was long, grazing over his shoulders. Icy blue eyes were hid behind thin strands of his hair, along with a nose that came to a slight point, dark red lips, and a smile that stretched all the way across his face.

H-He's...........gorgeous.

"H-Hi," I responded dumbly, my voice trembling.

He chuckled softly, that beautiful voice rang through my ears.

"You're cute," he murmured.

My tail was wagging so fast. "T-Thank y-y-you."

What's wrong with me?

My tummy felt like there were a million butterflies in there, and their wings were softly brushing against my stomach lining.

"Wanna come home with me, boy?"

Fuck, that was quick.

My tiny arms reached out to him and grabbed onto his white hoodie.

"Y-Yes, sir!!"

He picked me up, along with my blanket, bottle, and my little blue stuffed bunny my mommie had given me when I was a younger kitten.

I was so happy. I licked his cheek then buried my face into his neck, purring like crazy.

"Such a sweet little boy...what's your name?"

"Benjamin..." I whispered between purrs.

"Benjamin," he repeated, as if testing it out. "How cute. You will address me as 'Master' from now on. Alright?"

I nodded quickly. "What's your name, Master?"

He pet my ears.

"Woods. Jeffrey woods. But...people call me Jeff."

He paused for a few moments, then mumbled, as if to himself:

"Jeff the Killer."