25.Darkness & Light

When I came back home after work, Abby was there as well.
'Hey, you're finally home again. Thought I had to report you as missing person.', she greeted me. 'You were at his place?'
'Hey, sorry it was spontanious of me staying at Vessel's place for the night.', I returned and brought all my stuff into my room.

'Tell me, how was it?', Abby asked me when I came back to the living room.
I got myself a glass of water and sat down with her.
'Good', I shied away a little. 'He played  some music and we talked a lot while watching the moon and stars.'

'How romantic can a man be?', she giggled.
'We actually talked about facts of the moon. So not really a romantic thing, but it is a thing be have in common.', I explained to her.
'You do like him a lot, don't you?', Abby was now way more serious.
I swallowed. This was a topic I didn't like to talk about. I bit my lip and looked at her, but I couldn't sit this out.

'Yes. Actually it feels like we are old friends with the same mind. Yet everyone of us has it's own preferences.', I explained to her. Not letting her know Vessel and I actually knew each other since school. 'How is everything with Matt? I was wondering why he wasn't coming with me and meet you.'

Abby leaned back. 'We had a bit of a discussion. But it is better if he tells you everything himself.'
I frowned over her words. At work Matt sounded absolutely normal and now Abby is telling me there did something happen between them, but only Matt should tell me.
'Ok. So you're not dating anymore? Or?', I asked to clarify. I asked right away, I knew Abby was holding back.
She shook her head.  'No, we aren't. I mean, I can't be sad about it. It did only last a few days, so. But I need to admit I feel used.' I pulled her into a hug. 'I'm sorry I wasn't there. You could have written me. You can call me any time, you know right?'

Abby nodded. 'Yes, I know. I needed a bit time to myself, so actually it wasn't the worst you weren't there yesterday and today. I guess sooner or later Matt is telling you...'

I got us ice cream and Abby got a whole bottle of wine for herself. Eventhough she wasn't really heartbroken, I wanted to comfort her.

When I went to bed, I had a look at my phone. No message by now.
I wrote Matt at first, he needed to tell me what this all was about:

We need to talk. Tomorrow 10 am, 26Grains.

I wasn't planning to wait for him to tell me all about it.

Then I texted Vessel:

Heading to bed now.
Just wanted to wish you a good night.
I am blessed that I met you. XX

I waited for a few minutes, but no answer. I was lying in my bed, looking out the window. The moon had drifted away another 0.01 cm today. I smirked at my thought. 3.78 cm per year. I looked at the bedsheets I was sitting on. I placed my hand on the side where he had been lying. This had been a special night. First sex with him, finding out who he actually was, opening up to each other. It was truely magical. With a heavy sigh I got under my blanket and closed my eyes. Hopefully I would dream of him.

Vessel's POV:

Sitting in meetings was never a thing I enjoyed a lot. I simply loved making music and if there would have been a way to do this for a living without everything around it, I'd gladly do it.

But here I was instead of being at home, instead of actually making music or being with Emma.
We had begun to think about the first album. I had recorded a lot already as I had planned ahead. I wanted some sort of trilogy, everything needed to be perfect and different from others.
It was a hell of a discussion with everyone how my plans were.
But often others didn't understand me, this never really changed through life though.

I came home late, drained from all the  people that had surrounded me.
I just let myself drop on the sofa and got my phone out. I didn't use it often, it was way to distracting from more important things, but I wanted to check if I got a message.

And yes there was a message from Emma that brightened up my day.
I found myself sitting there smiling like an idiot, just after a really hard day, she definitly made my life so much better.

I quickly replied to her:

Sleep well and have wonderful dreams. You are the light in my darkness.

I felt the need to continue writing a song I had started over the past days.
Maybe some day I would actually play and sing this song to Emma. But for now, she needed to live with hearing me just playing it on the piano.