11.Envelope

My eyes snapped open, my breath was heavy and cold sweat ran down my body.
This was all a dream. Was it? It felt way to real.

I got out of my bed and walked to the bathroom and splashed some cold water in my face. Well, this was intense. Luckily my pulse calmed down a bit.

In the dark I slowly made my way back to my bedroom and sat down on the matress.
I couldn't just go to bed now. What if I'd have this dream again?

I couldn't see the moon any more throughout my window at that time. Still a little light from the street lights fell into my room.

I lookee at my phone screen. It was 3:33 am.
And there were unread messages.
I opened the first:

Hey,
I just wanted to let you know, I'm staying at Matt's place.
Let's meet at 12 pm for some lunch all together at 26 Grains. See ya! Abby

Well this was sort of suprising. Are they maybe dating? I had to find out later about it.

There was still a message.
It was from an unknown number.

I told you, I'd contact you. You might want to meet me next week. I will tell you about my job and all, if you return the favour and let me know something about your story.

Was this my former classmate? It must be. He'd tell me about him if I tell him about myself? Could I even do that?

I ignored the message for the moment and against my first impulse I went tk bed, hopefully without any further dreams. Otherwise it would be a horrible next day.

I woke up at around 8 am and made myself a little snack, nothing to big as we had planned the lunch.
After walking out of the shower, just wearing a towl around my body, I walked up to the mirror.
What to do with hair and make up? And what should I wear?

I decided to go with a pink sweater and a black skirt. I let my hair open and wavy and did some soft make up.

I got my bag and my boots before I began to go to the cafe Abby, Matt and I had planned to meet.
I walked through the streets, it wasn't very warm, but the sun was shining.

I was already at the cafe and had taken a seat, when Abby and Matt arrived. We huged and sat down together. 'How are you?', Matt asked me as we hadn't seen each other for some days now.
'Great actually, eventhough I'm a bit tired. And you?', I raised an eyebrow and looked between my both friends back and forth.

Abby was biting her lip and Matt was looking at Abby. I knew what they wanted to tell me.
'Ok, so you two are a thing now?', I asked right away before I got an answer.
Abby blushed. 'Is it that obvious?',she asked.

I giggled. 'For real? You look at each other like teenage lovebirds. I'm happy for you!', I explained. 'But none of you is allowed to break the others heart! You're both my friends.' I pointed out with a serious look at both.

'Sure.', Matt pulled Abby in his arm and gave her a kiss on her hair. They looked way to cute together.
Why wasn't as lucky as them?

'How was your night with this creepy dudes?', Abby was now asking me with a wink.
By now we had already ordered drinks and food that had arrived as well.

I was stirring my coffee thinking about what I should actually tell them. I didn't like both pf their attitudes about the group. They weren't creepy at all.

'Actually very nice.', I began to tell and smiled. 'It was a concert in the House of Detention. About 100-200 people were there. I enjoyed their music.' I decided to leave it like that.

'I mean, the music was sort of ok, but this masks creeped me out.', Matt told us honestly.
'Don't judge a book by it's cover.', I mumbled.

The rest of the day we walked through the streets of London talking and laughing. We were walking by some shops. I bought a new shirt for myself. 'We need to go shopping again soon.', Abby said to me with a big smile on her face.
She always loved shopping.
'Ok, we'll do soon.', I shook my head in amusement.

Abby and I said goodbye to Matt. It was weird for me to see them kiss, but I would get used to it.
So Abby and I started to go the rest of our way home.

Just the second we turned the corner I bumped into a person. 'Ouch', I said as I felt the pain in my shoulder where him and I ran into each other.
But the man just went on, head down , wearing all black.
What an idiot.

I held my shoulder for a second and turned to look at Abby.
'Oh no. Does it hurt bad?', she asked with worried face.
'No, no. It's fine. Maybe getting a bruise or so. But what an asshole to just walk on as nothing had happened.', I returned.

We continued our walk.
When we arrived I opened the mailbox. Some promotional flyers, nothing special. But there was a plain, white envelope that cought my attention.
My name was written on it, no stamps, nothing else was on it.

We opened the door and sat down in the kitchen.
'A letter? Is it from your university?', Abby asked.
I shrugged and opened the envelope just to find a black card in it and a little usb stick.
I got the card first and started to read it.

Thank you for joining last nights Ritual. It was a sacred moment.
I am offering you to listen to something very special.
You will get further information at a later time.
Vessel

Vessel was here?