3.Deity

The days passed by.
I was doing the laundry. I threw my shirts into the maschine before turning the jeans inside out and checking the pockets.
This was the time where I held the business card in my hands again.
I turned the card in my hands.
On the backside was a second text. It was handwritten.
'Thanks for enjoying our music! Let us know what you think about it - Vessel'
Vessel? This was one of the guys names? Was it the name of the singer?

I started the washing maschine before returning to my room.
I sat down at my desk and began reading my thesis to check for mistakes.
Should I text them? This and other questions popped up in my head.
I sighed. I needed to concentrate.
I got my phone and searched for Sleep Token. I couldn't find a lot.
Well, if I wanted to get it out of my head, it seemed like I had no choice than texting them.
I typed the number and wrote them:

Hey,
So weird to write you now.
I was the girl at the open stage night on Friday, you might remember.
I liked your music a lot. It let me forget about everything around me for a while. So, thank you!
Emma

I wasn't sure if this is what they wanted to get as feedback, but nothing better came to my mind.
Then I remembered what I should write as well, so I quickly send a second message:

Oh, and who of you is Vessel?

I put the phone back in my pocket and continued to read my thesis.
The time went by. At about 5 pm I went out to get a book from the library. On the way I stopped by to greet Matt who was working the shift in this moment.
He was really busy, so I just grabbed a coffee myself and said hello before heading home again.

I was sitting at my desk until late that night. I put my alarm on for the next morning. But I still had no answer from this Vessel or the other guys of that band.

The next morning I had to work at Starbucks myself before working in the university lab.
This shift was stressful as usual. The morning shift were full of business men and women being in a hurry. A bit later, around 10 am it was easier and I had a quick moment to have a little pause myself. I was texting Abby that I'd be home late today.

The day in lab was a lot more enjoyable. I liked working in the lab. Everything was structured and well planned. No costumer shouting at me or anything like that.

It was already dark again when I we sitting in the bus home. I was simply starring out the window again during the whole ride.

At home I got myself a quick snack, Abby wasn't at home herself.
I sat down at my desk when I realised I hadn't turned my phone on after leaving the lab.
A message from Abby popped up.

Hey, just to let you know. I'm out with a co-worker. Probably returning at 11pm or so. Abby

I was about to put my phone on the table, when I saw I had a second message. Maybe it was Matt, I thought to myself.

The message wasn't from Matt. I opened it and I realised it was an answer from this band.

Welcome, Emma!
It is me, Vessel, the singer of our collective. We are all united in the worship of the ancient deity Sleep.
Here is an offering. You can click on the following link to get more information about gigs and new music.
Vessel - Sleep Token

Maybe it was dumb, but I clicked at the link. I ended up being on a dark page where I left my phone number another time together with a couple of information about myself.

'I'm already home!', I heard a voice from the entry. It was Abby who came back faster than predicted.

I left my phone and all in my room to go have a chat with Abby.