18.Fascination

Emma's POV:

It was Tuesday and I came back home after a long and exhausting work day.
Abby was at Matt's place so I had the flat all to myself.

I filled the bathtub and got myself a glass of wine. I lit up a few candles and started my music playlist, got a face mask and took a book I wanted to read for a while.
I really enjoyed this relaxing me-time.
After reading the first pages, the next song started.
Vessel's voice lured me.

You turn the lights down
Come on and find out

...

Just look at where we're lying
An invisible space
We can spend the night in
Fascination

I felt like he had casted a spell on me.
My arms were covered in goosebumps while sitting in the hot water.

As if he knew I was thinking about him, my phone was buzzing.
His name showed on the display, I quickly answered his call.

'Hey, already missing me?', I chuckled.
'Couldn't wait another day.', he returned with his dark voice.

'You seem to be able reading my mind.', I softly said, taking the wine glass in my other hand and took a sip.
'How comes?', Vessel asked me. He sounded amused.

'I am lying in the bathtub, reading and having a glass of wine. I was listening to music and just 2 minutes ago your voice started to give me goosebumps.', I sighed a little at the end of my sentence.

'I thought calling you would make it easier to wait another day until we see each other again. How wrong I was.', he took a deep breath as I heard through the phone.

I bit my lip. I think both of us felt this sexual tension in this moment.
'I am sorry.', I whispered seductivly.
'You are not.', he quickly returned with a husky voice.
'Busted!', I laughed and placed the glass back on the little table next to the bathtub. In this moment I felt all so confident.

'Originally I had called you to ask if you'd be fine with meeting an hour earlier, but now I feel like I need to come over right away.', he told me bluntly.

'After all, anticipation is half the fun.', I teased the man on the phone.
'Am I a bit too bold?', Vessel asked.
'Don't worry, Vessel.', I murmured to him. 'If you like, you can come over.'
As soon as I had said it out loud, I felt nervous.

'Are you sure? I don't want to interrupt your wellness evening.', he asked me.
'Give me an hour and you can come over. And don't worry, my flatmate isn't here.', I told him.

Just minutes later my relaxation was gone. I quickly shaved and washed myself before I got out of the bathtub and tried my best to look presentable.
A bit of make-up, not too much. Should I get back into normal clothes?
I decided to go with a white crop top and grey sweat pants.
I cleaned the bathroom real quick and put some stuff back to its original place.

Shortly after the doorbell rang.
With shaking hands, I pressed the opener button.
As I had thought, Vessel still had his mask on, yet he was wearing a sweat jacket and jeans, the hood still covered his hair. And he wasn't painted in black. It was the first time I saw his real skin tone.

'Good afternoon.', he greeted me with a little smirk I could barely see.
'Come in.', I said and stepped aside to let him inside.
Vessel stopped next to me. When I had closed the door behind us, he leaned over, took my chin to lift it and gave me a kiss. I was hoping he's take the lead after the night at the chapel.

I held onto his sweat jacket slightly pulled him closer when I felt that he wanted to end this kiss.
His hand let go of my chin and his arms were holding me tight now, his fingers stroking over my bare skin.