6.Bad Day

The following week was full of job interviews and in between I had a couple of shifts to work.

But there was this one day, friday. It was friday 13th. For me it normally was like every other day. But in the evening, I just came back home from another shift, my smartphone vibrated.
I looked on the screen.

We offer you to see some very special performance.
When?
Next full moon
Where?
Only those of you who are willed to come get the information
Send us a picture of todays moon as a sign you want to join the worship.

Join the worship? This band was really mystic.
When would the next full moon be? I quickly googled it, to find out it would be in exactly a week.
Should I do this? I was sure neither Matt nor Abby wanted to come with me. Especially if I'd show them this invitation.
But I was interested. I wanted to know where this all would take place, and what performance they'd mean.
In the end, I was sure, it would be just an awesome PR thing for the band.

So I went to the window and took a shot of the moon and quickly send it back.

I was starring on my screen for the next 15 to 20 minutes, but nothing. No answer from this Vessel or Sleep Token dudes.
I sighed.

I went to bed early. I had a restless sleep this night.
One or two times I woke up from some dreams I instantly forgot the second I sat up in bed, but I felt sweaty and out of breath.

The next morning I was so tired, but I had to work the early shift of the day.
Saturday mornings were very quiet, just here and there came a few people  who didn't want to talk as well. Good. That really came in handy for my mood.

The last hour of my shift, the door opened. There he was again.
'Hey', he greeted me. 'Hey', I just replied and began to make the mocha for him as every other day he came. 'Not very talkative today?', his lips curled up a bit.

'No.', I just answered.
'You need the coffee more than me, hmm?', he replied, his eyes looking into mine.
'My shift ends in a couple of minutes. I may take a coffee home and take a nap.', I replied and forced myself to grin a little bit. 'I really had a bad sleep.'
'Oh, ok. If it's like that, I won't bother you. It seems to be a bad moment to give you the answers I owe you.', he said and grabbed the cup. He turned around and started to walk a way.

'No! Stop!', I said out loud.
He looked back at me. I bit my lower lip. 'We can sit down and talk, I mean, if you want to.', I quickly told him and looked at my co-worker Rob that nodded. I mouthed him a quick Thank  You before going to the back of the shop.
I changed into my private clothes and got myself a coffee before returning. I sat across from my former classmate.
'So...', I started. '...what did you do since our graduation?' He took a sip before answering my question. 'This and that. Nothing specificallly.', he smirked.

Inside I rolled my eyes. This really annoyed me. My nerves were already at the edge because of lack of sleep.
'You're still making music? I think you were really talented.', I tried with a second question.

'Here and there a bit', he shrugged.
I frowned and stood up. 'If this are answeres to you, I'll go and spend my time in a more useful way.', I began.
'I didn't force you to talk to me and you don't owe me an answer. I just wanted to be nice.'
I starred at him and gave him the opportunity to react, annoyed I was tapping against my mug. This man was really something else.