8.Invitation

This evening I was sitting on my computer checking my emails for any reply on my applications.
Nothing. I groaned and leaned against the back rest of my chair.
I tried to distract myself and looked at my phone.

1 unread message

I clicked on it. It was a reply of the band.

As reward to the loyal followers; you have, for the first time, been granted an invite to The House Of Detention.

The most loyal followers shall aware of the intimate nature of such a Ritual, and will surely act accordingly and follow the invitation by bein dressed with a mask.
Full moon, 9 pm

What? Masked? That ment I needed to go to Camden again and search for an outfit or mask.
I was already thinking about skipping this mysterious event, but on the other hand I was so curious about it.
And it would probably be something interesting in my life again.

The rest of the weekend was totally uninteresting. I wasn't used to doing nothing after the past month working on the thesis and at the coffee shop and in lab. The weather was rainy again and so I spent most of the time in bed.

On monday I went to Camden, alone. Matt and Abby had to work.
I went to a small gothic shop, nothing I'd usually be wearing.

I found a nice dresd with facemask that covered nose and mouth, I thought others would normally have this sort of venetian mask over their upper face.
I'd combine it with a black coat.
The cashier looked a bit irritated, maybe because I didn't look like the people who'd come here normally.
I was wearing simple jeans, green top and a parker.

I walked back home and packed my new outfit away.

On wednesday I had my next shift to work and by now not really suprising, I've met my former classmate again.
He walked in as usual. 'Hey', he said with a shy grin.
'Hey', I smiled and began to make his mocha. 'Everything alright?',  I asked him.
'Yeah, nothing special. And you? Any interesting plans this week?', he was studying me, I saw him in the corner of my eye.
'Just some plans for friday night, but apart from that, nothing special as well.', I explained.
'Having a date, mhh?', he was being nosy. I bit my lip, he might think I'd really have a date that I clearly hadn't. But I had to think about how to talk about my plans, I didn't want to tell anybody.
'Not really. Some artistic project, I guess.', I mumbled and tried to sound as casual as possible. As usual I placed the coffee in front of him.
'Thanks. Then, I guess, have fun on friday.', he smiled and as every time, he went away.

This man was an up and down. But he had always been this way. I just shook my head and continued my usual work until Matt took over.

I hugged him to say hello. 'How are you?', Matt asked me making the knot of his apron.
'Everything alright. And you?', I asked in return.
'The same. You have any plans for friday? I thought about getting some drinks or so?', he asked me.
'Sorry, I'm already busy.', I just answered and got my bag and jacket.
'Oh ok. What are your plans?', Matt returned and was cleaning some mugs.
'You remember this band from the open stage night? The one with the masks?', I tried to explain.
He nodded. 'There is some special gig I got invited for.'
'What? I never thought you'd listen to this sort of music. And this whole thing with the masks and all. That is so weird.', Matt frowned, but I simply shrugged. 'I'll see... you've got costumers, Matt!', I pointed to the counter. 'See ya.'
We hugged goodbye and I left.

At home I finally had the time to taök with Abby again. She was so busy right now. She told me from her work and the annoying parents she had to talk to over the past days.

'Matt asked if we'd meet for some drinks on friday.', Abby now told the exact same thing.
'Yep, he asked me. I'm busy, sorry. But you guys can go out alone. You really need some off time after this week.', I said.
'Do you have to work or some university stuff?', Abby asked me. She knew it was untypical for me to not tell her about my plans.
'No. Watching some sort of concert. It's this masked band we had seen, you know.', I explained to her as well.
'For real? They were strange. But why didn't you tell anything? Even if I don't like their music, I would have come with you...or do you have a date?', she smirked.
'No, no. I don't have a date. With whom? I got an invitation, you had to post something to find out where this would take place.', I began to tell her.
'Let me guess. It's on a cemetery or so?', she giggled.
'Not exactly.', I quickly said before I had to yawn. 'I better go to bed. Goodnight, Abby.'