17.Good Advise

Emma's POV:

After listening to 'Jaws' for an hour and I had calmed down, I remembered to text Vessel my schedule.

I am sorry for writing so late. I got distracted by listening to your voice over and over again.
I have off on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Have a wonderful night. Em

In the moment I had send the message, I realised what I had texted Vessel. I hadn't used my nickname 'Em' in ages. I had this nickname in school. My grandma sometimes called me Em or Emmy.

A few minutes later, Vessel returned:

I think I can accept this excuse then.
Gladly our plans for this week seem to correlate well. I suggest to meet on Wednesday then. I can come over at 3 pm to pick you up, if you like. Good night. V.

I quickly answered him my ok and began smiling like an idiot again. I had another date with this mysterious man that somehow stole my heart.

The next day I had to work again.
I got up and made myself read for a midday shift.

It was a cloudy and rainy day, a lot of people bought a hot coffee at our store.
I liked this busy bad weather days.
I was cleaning the tableds and hummed to the song that was playing.
'You should try singing.', I heard someone saying next to me.

I looked up and saw my regular costumer. 'Hey. No, I'm far away from being a singer. I'm not blessed with this talent.', I returned with a smile.
'Someone seems to be in a good mood today.', he noticed.

'Well, I don't have a reason for being in a bad mood. And you, how are you?', I replied to the man.
'I can't complain.', he said. 'You got my message?'
I stopped cleaning the table for a second. 'Oh, yes. I must have forgotten to answer you. I am sorry.'
'No problem. Do you want to meet, maybe on Saturday?', the man said while I walked to the next table and he followed me.

I held in for a second. I had no plans for that day. But my first thought was, if it would be a good idea to meet him if I'd m began meeting Vessel. If he'd find out, would he be angry? I mean there was no reason, this was just a meeting between childhood friends.
'Yeah, ok. You know 26Grains? We could meet there if you like, 12 pm?.'

He nooded. 'Sure. Ok, I need to get my order. A friend of mine is waiting for me. See you on Saturday then.'
I said goodbye as well and continued my work.

Vessel's POV:

II and I were working on some new songs. I had recorded some parts and he wanted to listen so he could get a feeling for his recordings next week.

'So, you said you could now talk about that girl. You seem to be happier.', the drummer said and wrote some notes down.
'If it were you in my position, dou would feel the same. After all that had happened the past years, it's the first time I have those feelings again.', I sighed. 'I just hope it won't end the same. I don't know if I survive again.'

'Stop thinking like that. I am sure you learned from last time, you had therapy and most importantly you shouldn't be so negative from the beginning. For me it seems she's good for you.', II gave as an advise.
'I really hope so...', I mumbled before I played the piano as a coping mechanism.

I haven't told a lot of people what had happened the past years. II was one of a few that knew about the past years I had struggled, mostly mentally.

We worked for a couple of hours in silence. I was working on some layering ideas, but nothing really convinced me. My thoughts were all about Emma right now

I stood up from the piano and walked to the couch next to a drumkit, it wasn't II original one. But he was sitting there and played a bit to some of the new songs. As always it amazed me how perfectly he was playing. He was one of the most talented in my opinion.

After the last playthrough he stopped and looked at me.
'What are you thinking about?', he asked me. He put his sticks back and turned to face me.

'I am not quiet sure how to open up to her. It isn't easy.', I said and stroke my hair back.
'You can't hold back. You owe her the benefit of doubt. Sometimes you have to take the risk.', II replied.
'I know you are right, but I am sure she has trust issues herself.', I began.
'Stop it. It is unimportant if she has her own issues. Set a good sample and make the first step.', II stood up. 'You might have a lot in common. Maybe you could heal each other.'