5.Camden

I closed the door behind me, pressing my back against it trying to calm down. I was breathing heavy. Shit, what was happening and why?

Abby was still at work, she had told me about grade conferences that were happening right now and evenings to talk with the parents.

I tried to breath slowly and steady. I made myself a tea and sat down on our couch. Was I becoming crazy?

This evening got a real torture for me and my thought. I felt like an animal cought in a cage pacing up and down. My home was my safespot,it always was.

I had started to cook when Abby came home from her long day.
'Hey, I'm home. Emma, are you there?', she shouted and caused me to jump. I was nervewracked.

'Hey!', I shouted back and soon Abby's head looked around the corner. 'There you are! Wow you look like shit. What happened?', she asked right away.
'What should be?', I asked in return.
'You're pale.', she just pointed out.
'Food is ready in 5 minutes. We can sit down then and talk about it.', I said. Abby nodded and disappeared.

I placed the plates on the table.
'Thank you.', Abby said and sat down. 'So, tell me'
I shoved the food from one side to the other on my plate.
'Something weird happend today.', I began and explained her about the situation at my grandma's grave.
'How spooky is that? I mean, maybe it's just a very weird admirer, but it is a bit indelicate to put a flower on your grandma's tombstone with a little notice for you.', Abby analysed the situation.
'Yeah, I know. But it's really like a ghost, there was nobody.', I tried to remember any detail, but there was nothing coming to my mind that seemed odd.
'And it wasn't the old lady you mentioned?', Abby asked me.
'Don't know, but why should she do that?', I answered.
'Well, why should anyone do this?', she shrugged.

Later we watched a movie.
'Are you up for going to Camden this weekend?', Abby asked me. 'Sure, I'd love to get some more vinyls or so.', I said to her with a smile.
'We could eat at the Lost Souls Pizza place.', Abby grinned. I knew she loved everything related to vampires and this pizzeria was all about mystic and vampires. The dough was black and all the decoration was about vampires.
'Sure', I just answered. I wouldn't have a chance to say any different from that.

The following days were as every other day. Nothing that scared me, no one, as far as I know, that was watching me. I started to forget about the flower and note already.

On saturday Abby and I went to Camden as planned.
I found some cool music and Abby actually found a vampire film she not already had in her collection.
So we walked along the street and went to the pizzeria. The only free spot was right at the window.

We placed our order and talked about the rest of the weekend and the upcoming weeks.
Abby needed to prepare for a school trip with her class. It was her first whole week long school trip, so she was really nervous about it.

The food was delicious and we had a lot of fun. When we payed and left the restaurant, I recognised the weird feeling of being watched again.
'Abby, is someone watching us?', I asked her without turning around.
'Why do you ask?', she looked around. 'I have this feeling again. I'm sure someone is there watching us.', I mumbled.
'As if. You're overreacting, I guess. Let's go home.', Abby said so we took the underground home.

But as we climbed up the stairs to our flat, I still had this feeling.
Abby who was going in front of me gasped.
'What the hell?', she shouted.
Only when she walked to the side, I had a look at our door. On the floor was a bouqet of flowers. This time it were dark burgundy roses that again had a note coming with them.

I ache for your eyes and the way you breathe.

I bit my lips nervously. This is a strange way to tell someone you like her.
I showed the note to Abby.
'I mean..to say a couple of good things...the flowers are very nice and smell soooo good. And it is a good sign he likes you breathing, isn't it?', she shrugged and grinned. This was typical Abby, she tried to light up the mood in any situation.
'Yeah, I mean the roses are beautiful.', I smelled on them. 'But the notes creep me out a lot.'
'You have any idea who it could be?', Abby asked me as we walked inside.
'Really, I have no idea at all.', I answered, getting a vase to put the roses in it.
'At least we know now, it might not be the old lady...', Abby thought out loud.

I placed the flowers on my work desk. Just then I noticed how perfectly all thorns were cut off of them.
Was this a sign the anonymous person wasn't going to hurt me?