insecurities

Stark sat alone in her room at Xavier's Institute, staring out the window at the gray sky. She felt empty, lost, and alone. She had been pushing everyone away, shutting them out, and now she was paying the price.

She had always been independent, preferring to handle things on her own, but lately, she had been feeling the weight of it all. The burden of being the one who had to fix everything, who had to be strong for everyone else. But who was there to be strong for her?

The door creaked open, and Logan stepped into the room, concern etched on his face. "Hey, kid. You okay?"

Stark shook her head, unable to find the words to express how she was feeling. Logan sat down next to her, his arm around her shoulders, and she leaned into him, letting out a deep sigh.

"It's okay to not be okay," Logan said softly. "You don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. We're here for you."

Stark closed her eyes, feeling the tears prick at the corners of her eyes. She had been so caught up in her own struggles that she had forgotten that she wasn't alone. That there were people who cared about her and wanted to help her.

Logan pulled her closer, holding her tightly as she cried, and for the first time in a long time, Stark felt like maybe things would be okay. That maybe she didn't have to do it all alone.

"Why am I like that, Logan?", she remains hiding her face down his chest.

Logan holds her tightly, feeling her shaking from the sobs. "Like what, kiddo?", he asks, already knowing what she meant.

"Useless. Weak. Why can't I fight like you? Or like Ororo, or Scott, or anyone else? I feel like I'm always a burden, that I'm not doing enough to help", she says, her voice muffled by the fabric of his shirt.

Logan sighs, stroking her hair. "You're not useless, kid. You're a damn good fighter and one of the smartest people I know. And you're not weak either, it takes strength to admit when you're struggling."

Stark sniffs, looking up at Logan with tear-stained eyes. "But I'm not enough, Logan. I'll never be enough to make up for all the damage I caused before coming here."

"That's not true, kid. You've made a lot of progress since you got here, and you're constantly working on getting better. That's all anyone can ask for."

Stark nods, taking a deep breath. "I just feel so lost sometimes."

Logan pulls her into a tight embrace, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "You're not alone, kiddo. You got me, and you got the whole damn team. We're here for you, no matter what."

She holds him tightly, never wanting to let him go.

Logan holds her back just as tightly, knowing that she needs the comfort. She was having a hard time against her inner-thoughts. He runs his fingers through her hair and whispers, "Sometimes, we just feel lost, darlin'. But you're not alone, okay? I'm here for you."

Stark nods, her face still buried in his chest. She feels like she's drowning, and Logan is her lifeline. She takes a deep breath and tries to steady herself. "Thank you," she whispers, her voice barely audible.

Logan just holds her, letting her cry and knowing that sometimes, that's all she needs.

He reminds the times he felt himself the same way. He feels the hurt inside his chest once more, feeling a strong empathy for the kid on his arms.

Logan holds her even tighter, feeling the weight of his own pain as well as hers. He understands what it's like to feel lost and alone, to wonder if there's anyone out there who truly understands you.

"You're not alone, kid," he whispers into her hair. "I'm here for you, and I ain't going anywhere." He keeps repeating comforting words, until she could finally believe them.

Stark nods against his chest, her tears slowing to a trickle. She feels safe in his embrace, and for the first time in a long time, she doesn't feel quite so alone.

Logan holds her until she falls asleep, then lays her gently down on the bed. He watches her for a long time, his heart heavy with the weight of her pain.

He knows that it won't be easy, but he's determined to be there for her every step of the way. He's not going to let her face her demons alone.