Chapter 33

Disclaimer: I don't own My Hero Academia

Note: "talking fast", "talking very fast"

Warning: mild cursing, there are asterisks. *\o/*

Tsukauchi's POV:

These past few days have been horrible. It all started when I got a call from Principal Nezu requesting urgent backup at UA's USJ. I've never heard the chimera sound so disgruntled before, not even when All Might received his life threatening injury, all those years ago.

By the time the police had arrived on the scene, all that was left for us to do was round up any remaining villains and take statements. I had to watch as students were checked over by medics, had to remain calm when I saw Eraserhead and a small broken-looking child being pulled into the back of an ambulance.

If I was perhaps a little harsher than usual in the interrogation of the villains, Chief Tsuragamae said nothing.

On top of that, Speedy still hasn't replied to any of the worried texts Eraserhead and I sent after he mistyped good morning. It's been two days now and he hasn't sent his usual greetings and the heroes I've asked to keep an eye out for him haven't seen him. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to go out and try to find him myself as Nezu asked me to take the statements of Class 1-A's students (read: interrogate). The Principal was worried about a possible informant leaking All Might's schedule to the villains.

Now though, I only have two more statements to take. I sigh as I walk through UA's hospital ward. Knocking softly on Aizawa's door I entered quietly, mindful of the injured man inside. I observed sadly as Aizawa tensed under white sheets, bandaged hands reaching for the scarf laying on a bland bedside table.

"Hey Zawa, it's me, Tsukauchi."

I frowned as the man slowly moved his hands back into his lap but didn't relax. "That's quite a bit of bandages you got there- I almost mistook you for a mummy!" I exclaimed softly, relaxing as I saw Aizawa's limbs finally loosen as he accepted that it was truly me.

"Mic said the same thing." Mumbled the man through layers of white cloth, head propped up in an equally white neck brace.

I snorted before entering the room completely and taking a chair by Eraserhead's side.

"I assume you know why I'm here?"

"Not just to see my mummified face?" he quipped

"That too... I've already taken Pro-Hero Thirteen's statement as well as those of your students, seeing as you're awake you get to go next."

Aizawa groaned unhappily before pausing. "Recovery Girl told me everyone made it out alive but she wouldn't tell me who was injured because, 'I shouldn't be worrying about that', or some other bulls**t." Aizawa's bandaged head turned towards me, "Who got hurt, Detective?" 

I flinched back at the question. Of course he would ask me. A little known side effect of my Quirk- Lie Detector- makes it so I can't lie. Aizawa knows this and is probably trying to wheedle information out of me.

"Please Tsuki." he pleaded softly.

I blinked. Fine. Recovery Girl is so going to smack me for this later. I sighed before replying. "Most of the students came out with only a few scrapes and bruises-"

"-And the rest?" cut in Aizawa.

I stared at my friend's cloth covered face- knowing that it was probably covered in worry. "Thirteen was in critical condition because the safeties on their costume were ripped apart by the Villain named Kurogiri. We were able to stabilize them quick enough that there will be no lasting damage on them or their quirk."