CH-1

This was the worst day of my life.

I couldn't believe i was being forced to marry. This isn't the first time that I've been forced to do something. I can never go against my parents or their wishes that they want me to achieve.

I went to school of their choice, Highschool of their choice and University of their choice. I didn't had any objections against them because i knew they were doing this to gain the fame in the political world.

They always wanted me to be perfect, my grades, the way i behave, the friends i make ; I don't have a single friend who isn't from the political background.

My grades are always between an O or an A plus.

They always praise me when i get good grades. There wasn't even a single time when i failed or i got lower grades.

The fear of them kept me pushing to study everyday without missing it.

I agreed with everything they told me throughout my life but this decision was extremely huge. I had whole life in front of me.

I walked towards my mom who was talking with other gentlemen. My mom was a social person, she was as strict as my dad but i had a slight hope.

"Mom..." I spoke out.

She averted her eyes at me almost as if she was frustrated.

She smiled at me and we walked towards the spacious balcony.

"What is it?" She tightened the grip over her purse that she carried clearly showing her dissatisfaction with what i was going to say.

"I don't want to get married..." I whispered in a low voice.

"Your dad has made the decision. She is a perfect girl for you. She is like us."

"I have nothing against her. I just don't want to get married right now at this moment." I explained in a calm voice.

"I can't do anything about it. I think Hanni is suitable for you and our family, her family has that status. She is your best friend, you can get along with her. I don't see any problem."

With that she just paced away from me not waiting for my response.

My eyes searched for her, i knew Hanni was ready for this, that's why they decided to take this step. If she wasn't ready, her parents wouldn't have dared to take such decision.

I walked towards her when she walked down the stairs, she smiled at me, it was a genuine smile.

I was feeling bad for her, she thinks i want this but i don't. I will let her know how i feel. I just hope she doesn't tell this to my parents.

"You look upset, what's wrong?" She intertwined our fingers and walked me towards their sofa.

"I... Don't want this." I whispered sitting down on it, with her beside me.

Her smile disappeared, she brushed her thumb pad over my skin before speaking, "This marriage?"

"Yes... I don't want to get married with you..." I could tell from her expression that she wasn't going to take it well. I squeezed her hands into my grip, "I can't do this... We are only nineteen..." I reasoned.

She didn't reply.

She kept staring at me, i continued my sentence, "Please, If you tell your parents that you don't like me... I will be grateful. Marriage is a big deal for me. You understand me right...?" I asked the last question, hoping a positive answer from her.

"Do you love someone else?"

That was her question.

"No. I just don't want to get married right now, please... Don't you want to explore your life? We have a whole life ahead of us..."

"I love you..." She spoke slightly raising her eyebrows, "You're perfect for me. I know your personality. You're an ideal type. I'm lucky that I'm getting married with you..."

I sighed and closed my eyes, "Reject me. Please..." I pleaded to her.

She was definitely hurt, she pulled her hands away from me.

We looked at our parents who walked towards us with others.

_

"Yoohyeon, I'm actually glad that you agreed with this. I was very much concerned that you won't like this decision taken by us..." Mr.Lee spoke, he sat on the chair placed in front of us.

I was about to reply but i saw my dad speaking, "She never has problem with our decisions. We are her parents, how could she not like our decisions?" He spoke with a proud smile. He never asked me about this in the first place.

"You're lucky your daughter is obedient, we might give her the next title of our family. Lee's financial advisor. I'm sure she will do her task with dedication." Mr.Lee praised me and my academic excellence.

Mrs. Lee then turned her head to look at Hanni.

I stole one glance, she was extremely quiet and had a sad expression plastered over her face.

"Hanni, what do you think about this marriage? Do you like Yoohyeon?" Mrs.Lee asked her.

Everyone stared at Hanni so did i.

This was the chance where she could cancel this marriage.

I clasped my hands nervously.

She looked at me before facing her mother. Her lips turned into a huge smile, "I'm ready for this marriage..." She turned towards me and placed her hand over my hand. "And of course i like her. Like is a small word to even describe what i really feel towards her." She spoke.

I just gave her a fake smile and looked at my parents. "Oh, you mean you love her?" My dad asked.

"Yes, i do." Hanni answered, facing him.

×××××××

Hanni is not an idol.