Chapter 11- Amarachi's Home

Psalm 106:1
Praise the Lord!
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
    His love endures forever
°°°°°°°

Ego laid on the bed as she thought to herself 'I hate my life'. She heaved a sigh and shut her eyes in attempt think deeply. 

"Cheer up little one, we've all been there." Amarachi said in consolation. "I don't know what to do Amara. I can't marry that old man. Impossible!" Ego asserted. "Of course you won't. God is with you" Amarachi replied in faith.

"If I may ask, why do you call your father Mr Daniels?" Ego asked, eager. "Why else? That's his name na" Amarachi replied nonchalantly. "But it's not normal to call your Dad that?" Ego countered ,"it's a long story okay?" Amarachi said and Ego nodded in understanding.

Ego sat on the bed with her favorite nursing book held in hands titled GUIDELINES TO BECOME A NURSE; CREATING A REWARDING CAREER  by Charlotte Pike as she watched Amarachi type on her laptop and search through her books. Amarachi had been doing school assignments for about forty five minutes now.

"Huuhh! Thank your God that you're not planning to study accounting in UNILAG (University of Lagos)"Amarachi groaned.
Ego chuckled and asked "why?",

"Because some lecturers would want to frustrate you. I'm telling you, lecturers like Mr Opeyemi can give you heart attack and stress. That man is so wicked. Who gives someone such a tough assignment which I'm sure was deliberate" Amarachi said contemplating Mr Opeyemi's cunning face.
He was a dark skinned mendacious man who loved to be on his best behaviour whenever he heard that the vice chancellor was in town.

"Chillax! I'm sure it's not that bad" Ego said smiling and Amarachi gave her a snide look.
In the deepest quarters of Ego's heart, she envied Amarachi. She wished she was in her shoes, but studying her dream course-nursing.
She had almost forgotten what it felt like to be a student with all it's struggles and mini heart attacks whenever awaiting the results of a test you were skeptical that you would pass.

A knock was heard on door of Amarachi's room.
"Who's there?" Amarachi asked knowing who it obviously was.
"It's me , can I come in?" Her father answered.
"Umm no I'm dressing" Amarachi lied and continued her work while Ego felt bad for the poor man who just wanted to mend his relationship with his daughter.
"Ok when you're done let me know"
"Let his come in na" Ego whispered to Amarachi who nodded her head in refusal.
"Why ? Maybe he wants to tell you something important" Ego urged her
"I don't want to hear what he has to say" Amarachi said astonished at her own statement.

How rude of me. Since when did I develop sharp mouth. She thought.
"Why would you say such?" Ego asked
"I don't know I guess I'm tired of some things" Amarachi said heaving a long sigh and closing her laptop.

"Are you done with the assignment?" Ego enquired, "almost, I think I'm finally getting it. I'll complete it tomorrow" and Ego nodded.

Amarachi got up , opened the door and allowed Mr Daniels in. Her action had surprised Ego.
"Hello Sir" Ego waved and Mr Daniels gave her a kind smile in return.
"Amarachi I just wanted to ask if you won't give your friend here something to eat or at least drink " He said concerninly.

"Oh sorry Ego. I totally forgot. What would you like?". Amarachi asked.
"Umm anything is fine" Ego replied humbly.
"Okay I'm going out. Can I get you fanta?" Mr Daniels offered and Ego nodded positively and thanked him.
He soon left the room. "Your dad is really nice" Ego complimented.

"Well" Amarachi shrugged. She didn't know why she had this certain grudge against her Father. She detested the feeling but sometimes couldn't help feel that way.