Episode 71 "The Proof in the Pudding" Part 2

Beginne am Anfang

Temp was in the bone room with the skull set up as I look at the skull from the live video with the other screen of Temp. I then see Booth come in the Bone room as he says, "Hey, so, if it was J.F.K., Angela's facial reconstruction would have shown us this, right?" Temp then says, "Facial reconstructions are not photographs, Booth. There's a wide latitude for interpretation." I nod as I then point at the end of the curved back of the skull, "Look right there, this could be the point of entry." Temp checks as she nods, "The semicircle is beveled. Wider on the inside than on the outside." Booth asks, "That was the entry?" "If-If the victim was shot from the rear, yes. The beveling is usually like an arrow pointing towards the shooter. As to the exit, we're missing some skull fragments." "Maybe they were held back on purpose?" I then speak, "Possibly. But it's much more likely that they were pulverized and scattered by the bullet impact. Forensic techniques in the early '60s were relatively primitive." Booth nods, "Check above the right temple on the skull or a fragment from there."

Temp smiles amazed, "Huh. So suddenly you're an expert in ballistics forensics?" "That's where J.F.K.'s exit wound was." "Why do you know so much about the Kennedy assassination?" "Bones, I'm a trained sniper. How quickly you forget." "Oh, well, you were right about the exit." "Whew. Right. Well, it doesn't mean it's the president. People get shot in the head all the time, right?" I nod seeing Booth's uneasiness, "Yes. That's true." Temp then suggests, "Perhaps Angela can recreate the situation under which this wound occurred." Booth then suggests, "Or she could recreate J.F.K.'s shooting so we can rule him out, right?" I nod, "That would be much easier." Booth nods. 20 minutes later I am back on chat in Angelas room as she shows us the video animation as she says, "I requested this animation from the Justice Department." I then say, "Temp and I found a right reer entry with an exit in the right parietal region." Hodgins speaks, "Kennedy wounds exactly." Angie nods, "Right. So his head went back and to the left." Booth then says, "Look, heads do all sorts of crazy things when you shoot 'em."

I nod as Hodgins then says, "Since this was based on the official record, we can't believe it." Booth then says, "Here we go." "You think there's no way the president of the United States gets murdered... in public in broad daylight and-and the truth gets covered up?" Booth nods, "That's right. It doesn't happen. This is America." "The highest form of patriotism is to be skeptical of the official truth. That is why the First Amendment, free speech, is first in the Constitution you and Venus would die to protect. The lone gunman version is impossible. The guy in front, John Connally, gets sot 1.6 seconds after Kennedy." Booth then says, "It's a piece of cake." "With a World War II Italian rifle... that was older than Lee Harvey Oswald? Come on." "I'm sorry, but have you ever shot a rifle? If I had one of those guns right now, I'd show you right now. I am even sure Blueberry could do that as well." I nod, "That's true." Hodgins nods, "You're on." Temp then says, "No one is allowed to leave the Jeffersonian." Hodgins then says, "No, we don't have to leave." I nod, "He's right, we know exactly where to find an exact replica of the rifle here at the Jeffersonian." Booth nods, "Great."

I am with Booth, Hodgins, and Sweets by the corner where we whisper as Sweets says, "Lee Harvey Oswald's rifle is in the Jeffersonian?" Hodgins and I shake our heads as he says, "No. No. But the F.B.I. used an exact replica to recreate the assassination. We've got that down in storage." "They said we have to stay in the lab area." I nod, "The janitor's closet is in the lab area." Hodgins nods, "A couple of years ago, right, I check out the claims of this conspiracy group that says that the Jeffersonian was Masonic construction." I take out a fabric that has a map of the place as Hodgins continued, "They said that there was a passageway. Well, it turns out to be true. Check this out." I start explaining, "There's a fake wall in the janitor's closet, covers a ladder. That is where I found Hodgins when he was exploring." Hodgin nods remembering that time as Sweets asks, "So what? We just sneak in one by one, hope they don't see us?" Hodgins nods, "Yeah. You got a better idea?" Booth nods, "Sounds good to me." I nod, "I will give each one of you a signal when you could go in. Since I am to be watched their attention would be mostly on me. Pay attention, they will be small and subtle." They nod as I proceed to show them each of their signal.