23. So Close, Yet Miles Away.

Start from the beginning

He had a heart attack when he heard that score from one of his juniors. Considering the fact he was solely the only student in Kshahrewar Darshan to score anywhere close to a 95/100 on the impossible entrance exam. 

After that day, he eagerly awaited for the 'student' to arrive. Every single day he would ask whether the 'student' would arrive any day soon or not as he wanted to know what sort of person you were. 

What sort of a genius would you be? Would the two along get along as architects? 

Everything came crashing down the day when his professor told him that the 'student' had some personal issues back at their nation, hence they wouldn't accept the invitation.

He never thought it would have been you. If you did arrive all those years ago, he was sure that by now the two of you would be already engaged. That's what he firmly believed. You weren't annoying, you were not picky, you were not too blunt. Just his type.

"...I think I recall you know. Two years ago, my professor was boasting around the Kshahrewar Darshan that someone from Liyue had scored a top mark in the entrance. He even went as far as belittling my score from the entrance." Kaveh said with a sigh. 

You only slightly smiled. 

"Grades are just numbers to me, the real thing lies here.." You said as you tapped your head with your index finger Then you pointed where Kaveh's heart was at. Since you were slightly hesitant in touching him as you thought it would make him uncomfortable, you only pointed.

"...and here." You said in a low voice, with a little happiness to your tone.

Kaveh grabbed your hand and placed it over his heart. He smiled and continued with your sentence.

".....then feel how my heart beats only for you." He remarked, while you felt his heart beats faintly. Although it was faint, you could say his heart beat was fast. You only looked up at his face and laughed.

His face was red from how bad he was blushing right now. The tip of his ears were completely red as his crimson eyes looked into you. You too were no less as you were pretty sure your face was burning right now.

"Only for me? Not your art work? I've heard that an artist only lives to see their art getting praised." You said back with a smirk upon your face.

"Then, I'll boldly let you know my art work comes second. You come first because without you I cannot imagine a world! Even while drawing figures.. the moments when you keep mocking me about my flaws comes to my mind in an instant." He remarked. 

You pushed him away slightly, telling. "Alright that's enough flirting for today. Flirting doesn't suit my beloved architect. I prefer you being violent and loud than being a romantic flirt." 

"I'm more romantic than you think, you know." Kaveh said was slightly dejected at your order to end his flirting.

"I'm very aware about that. But now is not the time to flirt, because I want to let you know things, I've hidden away from you." 

Kaveh nodded his head but before you could speak, he intervened. "You didn't answer my previous question, Y/n?" 

You only looked at him in confusion as you sort of forgot what he had asked. When it hit you, you just looked away into the vast ocean. A breeze blew across, that caused your hair to sway along. 

Kaveh's curious gaze was still on you. His hair got in front of his eyes as well due to the strong breeze that blew.

You sighed heavily, as you replied back to him  "No, I think I'm happy with the way things are now. I'm not pressured to do anything that I do not like anymore...Perhaps you should continue to remain as the Light of Kshahrewar." trying your best to put up a smile that could hopefully fool him for the moment.

You knew that if you would simply enter Kshahrewar Darshan like that, people will begin  underestimating Kaveh. Something you didn't want him to go through. Plus, no one besides your friends, sister, Ningguang and Kaveh knew your secret identity.

It was much, much peaceful with the way things are now. For both— you and Kaveh.

Although the same cannot be said with Kaveh. His heart that was beating so rapidly for you a moment ago, but now it hurt. It hurt him to know that he should quit hoping for things. He hoped that you would join Kshahrewar Darshan, not because he was fascinated by your skills.

—because, only then can you accompany him to Sumeru. If he were to ask you directly, he knew you'd feel pressurized by his request, creating an unpleasant start to his new found relationship. 

He expected the response you gave him, but deep in him he hoped that you and he could forever be together, just like how you two are. Because once he's gone back to Sumeru, he himself has no idea when he could ever bring himself back to Liyue, just to meet you while all his debts await him back there.

Even as you two stood close to each other, Kaveh felt like he was miles away from you.

AT YELAN'S TEAHOUSE : 

A blonde young lady with short hair and peculiar white clothing entered the teahouse along with her flying companion, hoping to meet a friend they had met a while ago at the Chasm.

As they got up stairs, they saw Yelan, the very same friend sit at the table along with Yanfei, discussing some matters together. Even much surprising is the fact, the cold, silent and poor in social skills, Shenhe sat along with them.

"You've arrived on time, Paimon and Traveler." Yanfei remarked as she noticed the two first walk up to the table.

Paimon only shrugged "Well...this innocent looking Yelan here did not send us through loops of riddles today." 

Yelan only sat back as she crossed her legs and folded her arms. "Of course, I figured out Paimon and Lumine were smart. I just wanted to test it out." 

Lumine only huffed. "Alright Yelan what do you want? I'm sure you aren't the type to call for any help."

Shenhe looked at Yelan for a moment. "Yelan, don't you need help from the traveler?." the dark blue haired lady sitting beside her instantly facepalmed.

"My dear friend Shenhe, Do not ruin my climatic surprise for the traveler." Yelan said as she looked at Shenhe, staring blankly at her.

"What's Clima—" Shenhe got interrupted as Yelan decided to get to the point. Yanfei began explaining to the poor confused Shenhe, who still wasn't used to such terms.

"Alright Lumine, I need you help because I'm busy with another work. Track these people down for me. I'm sure you know how I deal with this as you accompanied me once." Yelan said.

END — CHAPTER 23.

a/n : I have nothing much to say today HELP

a/n : I have nothing much to say today HELP. But yeah as usual, if you enjoyed the chapter let me know your thoughts!! <3 

Probably last update as I'm going on hiatus till 21st March, no idea might change as well...I'm indecisive guys. Okay but then I will reduce my update rate for sure...